telephone exchange; operator; main bureau or office
central
graduate
habit
declaration

Globish

How do you study new vocabulary? | I want to improve my English!
Globish #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:57 pm   Globish

'Globish' is the new English according to a book just published by Robert McCrum.
Jean-Paul Nerrière, a French businessman coined the term "globish" in 1995. He had noticed that non-native English speakers in Asia found it easier to do business with one another than with native speakers. Globish was his name for the kind of English they were using: a "decaffeinated" version without complexity or cultural baggage
.

Now where does that leave us?

_________________

Globish #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 07, 2010 14:41 pm   Globish

That is very sad news.
I guess this definition implies that this 'globish' is also rife with all manner of mistakes and oddities that would raise a few eyebrows with native speakers.
I'm never settling for 'globish'.
I also opine that in all honesty it should be renamed to 'sloppish', which much better reflects the essence of this new variation of English.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
I need to have 60% to pass the CAE examJob (With development industrail urban life in the world...)Rubrics?If you could know your future, what would you like to know?What's your favourite plant?American/British idiomWhy is this site free of charge?job interview...Phet Cyclone!I must be getting oldWhich one is first to study; the English grammar or vocabularies?I want to say this...2010 and we still get this?