Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to make false and injurious statements about another; to defame; to vilify; to malign
assist
entrance
slander
tantalizing
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Passionate about art in general?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
the oldest and largest trees in the world are found in California | Those kids should know better. They shouldn't tease that boy anymore.
listening exercises
Passionate about art in general? #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:16 am   Passionate about art in general?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #223 "Articles (4)", question 1

I think he is really passionate about ......... art in general.

(a) a
(b) an
(c) the
(d) (none)

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #223 "Articles (4)", answer 1

I think he is really passionate about art in general.

Correct answer: (d) (none)

IS ? Thanks a lot.
Nigmatullina
You can meet me at english-test.net

Passionate about art in general? #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:40 am   Passionate about art in general?

Can you please tell us what exactly you would like to know? What do you mean by 'is'?

TOEIC listening, talks: Company executive is introducing course participants to their new real estate training program
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Passionate about art in general? #3 (permalink) Mon Jun 21, 2010 19:28 pm   Passionate about art in general?

One can only suggest (what RN meant was) that IS needs to be emphasized by capitalizing, having the meaning: I think he really IS passionate about art in general.
To add some passion, so to say ;)
I'm here quite often ;-)

Passionate about art in general? #4 (permalink) Tue Dec 25, 2012 21:33 pm   Passionate about art in general?

I at last I learned if we write art with a definite article we have to put 'art ' in plural.
The ARTS (pl)= art, music, theatre, literature etc. when you think of them as a group.

the oldest and largest trees in the world are found in California | Those kids should know better. They shouldn't tease that boy anymore.
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Chris has a class at 8 am, so he catches the 7:15 am bus.He is really angry, so we should leave him alone for a while.Can you give me a little more information about the house?Mitchell is a police officer.your evaluation please?How long have you worked here (at this place) as a city planner (in this job).I need your expense reports on my desk and on the double.on the alerthe was being hurtfulI don't have a jobturning brownA youth is a young personWhat animal is a tortoise?