to make false and injurious statements about another; to defame; to vilify; to malign
assist
entrance
slander
tantalizing

Passionate about art in general?

the oldest and largest trees in the world are found in California | Those kids should know better. They shouldn't tease that boy anymore.
Passionate about art in general? #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:16 am   Passionate about art in general?

ESL/EFL Test #223 "Articles (4)", question 1

I think he is really passionate about ......... art in general.

(a) a
(b) an
(c) the
(d) (none)

ESL/EFL Test #223 "Articles (4)", answer 1

I think he is really passionate about art in general.

Correct answer: (d) (none)
_________________________

IS ? Thanks a lot.
Nigmatullina

Location: Russian Federation

Passionate about art in general? #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:40 am   Passionate about art in general?

Can you please tell us what exactly you would like to know? What do you mean by 'is'?

TOEIC listening, talks: Company executive is introducing course participants to their new real estate training program

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Passionate about art in general? #3 (permalink) Mon Jun 21, 2010 19:28 pm   Passionate about art in general?

One can only suggest (what RN meant was) that IS needs to be emphasized by capitalizing, having the meaning: I think he really IS passionate about art in general.
To add some passion, so to say ;)
_________________
I find your Lack of Faith disturbing!
The Force is out there!
Gheon

Location: Center of Universe, Jedi Academy

Passionate about art in general? #4 (permalink) Tue Dec 25, 2012 21:33 pm   Passionate about art in general?

I at last I learned if we write art with a definite article we have to put 'art ' in plural.
The ARTS (pl)= art, music, theatre, literature etc. when you think of them as a group.
_________________

Chris has a class at 8 am, so he catches the 7:15 am bus.He is really angry, so we should leave him alone for a while.Can you give me a little more information about the house?Mitchell is a police officer.your evaluation please?How long have you worked here (at this place) as a city planner (in this job).I need your expense reports on my desk and on the double.on the alerthe was being hurtfulI don't have a jobturning brownA youth is a young personWhat animal is a tortoise?