Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

set; equipment; outfit; clothing; wash basin
junction
expiration
readership
kit
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is the idiom for 'good cook'?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
his own flesh and blood | back seat driver
listening exercises
What is the idiom for 'good cook'? #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 07, 2010 13:33 pm   What is the idiom for 'good cook'?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #285 "English Slang Idioms (7)", question 1

A tree fell on his house right after his car broke down. This was a double ......... that he could not afford.

(a) header
(b) scoop
(c) mint
(d) whammy

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #285 "English Slang Idioms (7)", answer 1

A tree fell on his house right after his car broke down. This was a double whammy that he could not afford.

Correct answer: (d) whammy

what is the idoms for good cook?
Yammys

What is the idiom for 'good cook'? #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:12 am   What is the idiom for 'good cook'?

She's a whiz in the kitchen.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
to all #3 (permalink) Tue Sep 28, 2010 16:45 pm   to all

As a tree fell on his house after the car also broke down this is a double whammy what means a double catastrophe/disaster or misfortune.
Kati

Test and other things #4 (permalink) Fri Nov 26, 2010 0:50 am   Test and other things

I did it last time: 25th November 2010
Svaby Kati

his own flesh and blood | back seat driver
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
brush my teeth.The Sistine Chapel in Italy?kind of busyThe platypus has a bill like a duck does on its face?Do or commit a crime?an identifying symbolhe would have an albatross around his neck?weed vs. tossdirt poor.He admires his boss?What does sabotage mean?How many nouns here? 'A picture paints a thousand words.'What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence?