risk; peril; hazard
danger
subscription
residence
discretion

how to write a project?

ALIENS. | How much money do you have? Or How much Tv do you watch?
how to write a project? #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:18 am   how to write a project?

Hello everybody,

I need your help. I've to write a project at university about children's perceptions of polite ways of talking, but I've never written a project before and don't know how it is written.

Could you give me some instructions how to solve this task? Could you give me some useful rules about writing a project?

Thanks in advance
_________________
"Never judge a book by its cover..."
Tamta

Location: Georgia

how to write a project? #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 11, 2010 16:14 pm   how to write a project?

Hello Tamta,
I wonder that your teacher didn't give you a well-designed assignment to writing a project. No one can give you some useful rules about writing a project because it depends on your teacher instruction what exactly he/she wants, for example, the description of the assignment specificity: how many pages you have to write for your project, line spacing, the systematic writing, the highlights, the citation format, the acceptable types of sources in writing, the purpose of the project, the definition of any terminology you use in the project of 'Children's Perceptions of Polite Ways of Talking' such as peer reviewed or scholarly journal. Without your teacher clear instruction, how could she/he make sure that students understand all the steps required to accomplish the project?
You know what I mean? If he/she ask you just for a term paper or just paper that required only 3 to 5 pages, there is no need chapter 1, chapter 2, and chapter 3. All you need is just for example subtitle 1. Different terminologies used in Children's Perceptions of Polite Ways of Talking (what do you mean by children? under 17 year-old? under 14? under 5? under 3? or what? will you divide it into 3-group of age , 2-group of age or what? will you make a comparison between them?), subtitle 2. Examples of exploring pragmatics, descriptions, and data analysis, and subtitle 3. Recommendation and conclusions.
Conversely, if she/he ask you for a term paper that required 20 pages or more, then, you need a chapter 1, 2, 3, and so on, and so forth. On each chapter you may break down into sub chapter. On Chapter 1 for example breaks down into Sub Chapter 1. Background of the study (exploring the reasons why you writing this project, support with some data: globally and locally), Sub Chapter 2. Research Problem (describe what the important question should be addressed), Sub Chapter, 3. Objectives of the Study (the purposes of studying Children's Perceptions of Polite Ways of Talking, you may breakdown into main objective that is your goal and specific objectives that is how you achieve the goal), Sub Chapter 4. Uses/Benefit of the Study.
Therefore, there is obviously different what to write between subtitle and background of the study, although both of them come first in your writing, right?
Yeah, a wonder of wonders, a well-designed assignment to writing a project should be benefited as an excellent teaching tool and can help students develop their writing skills, critical thinking skills, and subject knowledge. Ask her/him to provide tips on writing a project and give examples to the paper, otherwise students will rely on the web in writing their project. He/she should make sure to clarify what is the meaning of web source. Does it mean all information delivered via the web including e-journals and other web-based library sources or just free web sites found using search engines? Is your web source credible for your project?
Your teacher should give you a clear explanation about the project and discuss about plagiarism, the importance of academic integrity in research and writing. You know what, many students define plagiarism narrowly as a copy paste the whole paragraph or page or words. In fact, it is not. Your teacher should highlight the range of plagiarism and the importance of citing sources that the students must understand.
We might be able to help you writing the project if you give us some ideas about your teacher instructions. I hope this will help you out and release your burdensome. I encourage you to consult your teacher first.
Good luck,
Lina
_________________
I am looking for a skype partner to practice my English.
Linaseattle

Location: Seattle, Washington, USA

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
how to write a project? #3 (permalink) Sun Jun 13, 2010 21:37 pm   how to write a project?

Hey Tamta!
You can make a movie, as well write down a detailed report about how children behave and how parents should teach them to be polite, how much environment affects the child's grooming and manners. Try to read about this topic. It will open up your mind. Compare children manners, how they have changed during the last decade, how much media effects their minds, peer pressure and company they hang out with. Create ideas, make a presentation in powerpoint, make a movie, or make a write up project. Be as creative as you can. I am sure your project will turn out to be good. Goodluck!
_________________
Just a confused kid... trying to live through twists & turns of life!
------
Everything Is Temporary!
Katty2010

Location: GaintPeach

how to write a project? #4 (permalink) Fri Jun 18, 2010 21:05 pm   how to write a project?

Hello Lina and Katty,

Sorry,I couldn't reply you earlier.
Thank you very much for your responses.
I wrote a project and got a high mark. My lecturer liked it very much.:)

Have a nice evening!
Bye
_________________
"Never judge a book by its cover..."
Tamta

Location: Georgia

Dissertation Structure Essential Components of Your Project.What does that mean?Very good for your vocabularyQuestion from the TOEFLŪ bookIf sentencetest problemAre there any sites or books teach rhetoric?I need to have 60% to pass the CAE examAdrian MonkJob (With development industrail urban life in the world...)Looking for books (grammar mistakes, grammar mistakes)Rubrics?British English vs. American English.