Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

learning; field of learning; thorough investigation; report; analysis
debris
gasoline
study
exchange
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

“shoot me an e-mail”

TOEIC Practice tests Increase your TOEIC test score with
684 Vocabulary + 100 Grammar tests
3420 flash cards plus an ESL book
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the TOEIC® Test
OnlineEnglish Preparation course for the TOEIC® test. 2009 results. | How are the underlined phrases are grammatical by themselves?
listening exercises
“shoot me an e-mail” #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:39 am   “shoot me an e-mail”

Hello,

What does “shoot me an e-mail” mean in the transcript, please?

… estimate -- hopefully by the end of the week. I'll get back in touch with you about that later today. If you have more questions, give me a call or shoot me an e-mail. My cell phone is 344-612-0985, and the office is …

Voice mail announcement
TOEIC listening part IV, set 18, exercise 10

http://www.english-test.net/toeic/listening/voice_mail_announcement.html

Please provide a link to your source answer because I still can’t decide which “shoot” in the dictionaries matches “shoot me an e-mail”, especially in http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shoot. Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.
Bhikkhu1991a
I'm here quite often ;-)

“shoot me an e-mail” #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:43 am   “shoot me an e-mail”

It's a colloquial expression meaning 'send me an email'. As for a dictionary definition, this one might come quite close: to send forth (words, ideas, etc.) rapidly: to shoot questions at someone.

TOEIC listening, talks: Car dealer is promoting used cars through a radio commercial
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

TOEIC Test Preparation — Increase your Score with 684 free TOEIC Vocabulary TestsTOEIC Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEIC scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEIC Grammar Exercises — Improve your English grammar and vocabulary skillsEvaluate and certifiy your business communication skills with TOEIC — TOEIC Certification
“shoot me an e-mail” #3 (permalink) Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:45 am   “shoot me an e-mail”

Hi,

There's another colourful expression along these lines: Bung me an email.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

OnlineEnglish Preparation course for the TOEIC® test. 2009 results. | How are the underlined phrases are grammatical by themselves?
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the TOEIC® Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on TOEIC Test Forums
What does might mean?Their or his/herTOEIC® Listeningindirect saleHow to deduce from the picture that white car is trying to overtake yellow car?Problem with a question TOEIC® listening part II, set 18, exercise 4Top TOEIC® candidates list'to stance'Problem with a question, TOEIC® listening 15 Part IIThe interrogative pronoun “Who” instead of “What”FCE by CambridgeHow many words are usually used in the TOEIC®?The team was vs. the team were?