Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to devote oneself to a particular profession or field of study; to limit
broadcast
unify
last
specialize
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Why is this site free of charge?

ESL Forums | What do you want to talk about?
I want to improve my English! | job interview...
listening exercises
Why is this site free of charge? #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:22 pm   Why is this site free of charge?

Alan,

Let me also ask you a question that may sound rude: Who benefits from teaching English such a large amount of people online free of charge? I mean, we are used to paying for everything but this course is free, why?

Dmitry
Dmitry Korotaev
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Why is this site free of charge? #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:52 pm   Why is this site free of charge?

Hi Dimitry,

Thanks a lot for your interesting question. Our site operates in a similar fashion to the Wikipedia or Google principle. Both, Google as well as Wikipedia offer a lot of high quality services completely free of charge to the vast majority of their users. However, a certain percentage of users do pay money and that's exactly how our site works.

Let me know if this makes sense to you.
Many thanks,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, question-response: How close are you to completing the paperwork?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
I want to improve my English! | job interview...
ESL Forums | What do you want to talk about? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
I need to have 60% to pass the CAE examJob (With development industrail urban life in the world...)Looking for books (grammar mistakes, grammar mistakes)Rubrics?If you could know your future, what would you like to know?What's your favourite plant?American/British idiomGlobishPhet Cyclone!I must be getting oldWhich one is first to study; the English grammar or vocabularies?I want to say this...what is your fav. website