denouncement; revealing; photograph; abandoning; placement
qualification
leisure
banknote
exposure

Difference between "tired" and "fed up"

Meaning of vaccination | Does it mean that you better leave Mark alone and don't bother him?
Difference between "tired" and "fed up" #1 (permalink) Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:30 am   Difference between "tired" and "fed up"

ESL/EFL Test #94 "Corporate Policy (2)", question 1

She is ......... with having to do 2 people's jobs.

(a) tired
(b) tiring
(c) feel down
(d) fed up

ESL/EFL Test #94 "Corporate Policy (2)", answer 1

She is fed up with having to do 2 people's jobs.

Correct answer: (d) fed up

She is tired with having to do 2 people's jobs.
_________________________

could u explain the difference between "tired" and "fed up"?

Lemour
Lemour

Difference between "tired" and "fed up" #2 (permalink) Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:43 am   Difference between "tired" and "fed up"

"Tired" will not occur with "with." The use of "with" was your clue to choose "fed up."

"Tired" and "fed up" can both convey exasperation from experiencing too much of some behavior, but the latter is stronger. Also, whereas "tired" can mean physically exhausted, "fed up" always describes your emotional response to something.

I ran 5 miles today, so I'm tired.
*I ran 5 miles today, so I'm fed up.
He won't stop nagging me. I'm tired of him.
He won't stop nagging me. I'm fed up with him.
Mordant

Location: United States

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
To gel a familyTeaching TerminologyI'm off on mondays and tuesdays or I take the days off on monday and tuesday?I spent a lot of money. vs I spend a lot of money.Is there any text by which not only English grammar?What are people of color?That car just cut me off?Is seems suitable here?Does at the turn of the century mean the beginning of the century?Mind giving me?What does 'branches' mean?We all got wet?risk vs threat