something of value (property, equipment, goods, etc.); item of quality; something beneficial
commitment
asset
pitch
client

TOEICŪ information

TOEIC Practice tests Increase your TOEIC test score with
3420 flash cards plus an ESL book
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the TOEICŪ Test
TOEICŪ listening part I, set 57, exercise 5 | Target TOEICŪ Second Edition
TOEIC information #1 (permalink) Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:27 am   TOEIC information

I had been looking through a number of websites, books and pdf files on the Internet. However, I haven't been able to find answers to some of my questions regarding TOEIC listening and reading test, therefore I would like to ask you:

During listening parts, is the recoding always played once only?
How much time do I have to prepare before I hear the recoding and how much time do I have to choose an answer after the recording?

I am aware that I've got 45 mins. to do the whole listening test.

Thanks a lot, it's awful that I could not find those information easily on the TOEIC official webpages.
Snypy

TOEIC information #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 13, 2010 19:34 pm   TOEIC information

You can listen to each question only once and you have a few seconds before and after you hear each question.

TOEIC listening, question-response: How long have you wanted to work for yourself?

TOEIC Test Preparation — Increase your Score with 684 free TOEIC Vocabulary TestsTOEIC Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEIC scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEIC Grammar Exercises — Improve your English grammar and vocabulary skillsEvaluate and certifiy your business communication skills with TOEIC — TOEIC Certification
TOEIC information #3 (permalink) Sun Jun 13, 2010 19:47 pm   TOEIC information

if I've got a few seconds before and after each question, what about part IV. of listening, when there is one recoding and three questions? Is there a time to at least read the questions ahead?

Snypy

TOEIC information #4 (permalink) Sun Jun 13, 2010 21:33 pm   TOEIC information

Yes, after each recording you have a few seconds to read the questions related to the next recording. Why don't you use our TOEIC Simulator to get a better idea of what the real TOEIC test is like?

TOEIC listening, question-response: How many types of products does your firm make?

TOEIC information #5 (permalink) Mon Jun 14, 2010 15:53 pm   TOEIC information

It actually plays immediately after I click next, so there is no time to read the questions. I guess that during exam, it does not load from the internet, therefore I assume that there will be more time to "prepare". Loading in the simulator depends on the Internet speed, so maybe I should limit it a bit to get a more accurate environment ;-)

Anyway, I've just taken one test ("version 2" - still under development, I believe) and got score of 798 (I presume it's like ~95 TOEFL iBT), which is not bad, given the fact that it is my first trail and no pictures were shown in the reading part, hence I could answer few questions.
Snypy

TOEIC information #6 (permalink) Mon Jun 14, 2010 16:02 pm   TOEIC information

We'll adjust the timing so that the questions and answers in parts 3 and 4 can be read before the recording. As for the reading part, there are no pictures in the real test, only diagrams and graphs and other documents.

TOEIC listening, question-response: Did you catch that reporter's first name?

TOEIC information #7 (permalink) Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:40 am   TOEIC information

You can also try the test simulator at OnlineEnglish. OnlineEnglish is not free; also not expensive, it is a complete training area for all students from lower level to advanced and includes everything a student needs to achieve the best score possible the first time they sit the test, or to improve their score all the way to the maximum 990 points.

The test simulator is a part of the training that includes exercises, practice tests, exercisers, tips and advice plus English grammar and vocabulary exercises. The test simulator at OnlineEnglish simulates the TOEIC test exactly, including the times, pauses ...etc.

Also the test simulator has over 1000 different tests with questions based upon the true principles behind real TOEIC test.

You can clearly see your level, your progress and your improvement as you learn. OnlineEnglish is operated by Hamburg-English, an official TOEIC test center and qualified English language instructors. Hamburg-English is also the only official TOEIC test center offering TOEIC preparation teacher training. OnlineEnglish has partners and representatives in Italy, France, Spain, Germany and Japan, therefore if required, students can get training support in their own language from qualified English teachers and training organizations.

Free training is good, but for true and correct preparation for the TOEIC test with a proven 95% chance of getting the score you need, you should visit OnlineEnglish.

Rob
HamburgEnglish

TOEIC information #8 (permalink) Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:50 am   TOEIC information

I know this website it's awesome for everyone to study TOEIC. www.toeicpedia.com Please join, study and practice TOEIC.
Xuongrongden

TOEIC information #9 (permalink) Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:00 pm   TOEIC information

Snypy wrote:

Hi Snypy, you can now take 5 complete TOEIC tests in 'exam mode':
http://www.english-test.net/toeic/exam/simulator1/index.php
http://www.english-test.net/toeic/exam/simulator2/index.php
http://www.english-test.net/toeic/exam/simulator3/index.php
http://www.english-test.net/toeic/exam/simulator4/index.php
http://www.english-test.net/toeic/exam/simulator5/index.php

TOEIC listening, question-response: Why can't the project wait until Monday?

TOEIC information #10 (permalink) Sun Jul 18, 2010 15:25 pm   TOEIC information

Thank you for info .. I will try it soon.

Keep up the great work ;-)
Snypy

TOEIC information #11 (permalink) Fri Jul 23, 2010 16:25 pm   TOEIC information

I've got a delicate problem with a test (precise link: http://www.english-test.net/toeic/exam/simulator3/). I am not sure that this is correct section for this post, but, I believe you won't mind and take a look at this issue.

Now, I did the whole test, got score -- Complete: 691.

That's a pretty dismal performance for me and I was quite annoyed (compared to the previous test that I did and received around 800points). Therefore, I looked at the answers and saw that almost all questions (except for 4) beginning with #13 through #40 were wrong. So, I looked into it and saw that I selected correct answers but the system marked them as incorrect. In the light of an effort to find out what went wrong, I did the questions again -- selected the very same values -- and received all correct - 120 points. I feel a bit strange now, for I am sure I selected the values correctly the first time. What the heck happened? I suppose that something caused the data (cookie) corruption and therefore they were marked as wrong or an error with javascript occured. Perhaps because the first time I had all answers selected and the next time I selected only those 40.

But still, how come that only the line was wrong for the first time, not for the second time?

Believe me, I am neither stupid, nor a computer moron. I do remember selecting the 'same correct' values. P.S. I do know how to mark / choose a value in a select form in html.

Just if it might help:
I use Google Chrome ver. 3.0.195.33 (Official Build 31639). But I tried previous test and received valid results. Maybe, there might had been some problem with javascript engine, as I mentioned earlier, or I am completely -_- ;-)

Either way, maybe such thing happens once in a time and is not worth paying attention to, but as I am a webpage developer myself, I though that the person that created the test would like to receive all feedback possible.
Snypy

TOEIC information #12 (permalink) Fri Jul 23, 2010 20:08 pm   TOEIC information

Hi Snypy,

Thanks a lot for your detailed feedback. We'll look into the issue and will get back to you soon as possible. In the meantime, would you mind telling what kind of webpages you create?

TOEIC listening, photographs: Shopping in the market

TOEIC information #13 (permalink) Sat Jul 24, 2010 14:42 pm   TOEIC information

Hi Torsten,

I primarily focus on creating webpages based upon PHP, using MySQL database and partially Javascript - when necessary, plus SEO. I create whole websites as well as stand-alone scripts when somebody needs.

Needless to say, I can do design, coding (XHTML/HTML) and css too, but I do not specialise in that. I'm still a student, by the way.

I quite wonder what could trigger the error, well, maybe you will find out ;-)

Snypy
Snypy

TOEIC information #14 (permalink) Sat Jul 24, 2010 16:02 pm   TOEIC information

Hi Snypy,

Can you please show me an example of your work? As for the error, we'll check into this soon. Many thanks, Torsten

TOEIC listening, photographs: Enjoying a beer

TOEIC information #15 (permalink) Sun Jul 25, 2010 20:03 pm   TOEIC information

Hey,

You can take a look at here:
Code:
http://www.zshradec.cz/ - graphic design made according to the owner's wishes; everything is user-friendly, people who have access to administration center can control whole website (add new pages / add new menu items / new photos / add files / block access to 'unwanted' users / etc.)

Code:
http://www.snypy.wz.cz/water/ - aim was to create website that is focused onto environmental problems; it contains mainly 'blind-text' and is used only as reference.

Code:
http://www.snypy.ic.cz/test3/lunarni-kalendar/ - this page is just under construction, therefore, majority of the links do not work, design of certain elements is yet to be done; the whole page is in an early stage of development and is not fully optimized. But, my aim is to create the pages as dynamic as possible. Only small amount of the information is going to be saved in the database and most of it will be processed when a visitor will request it.

And a numerous other 'small' projects, which are now either offline or I do not have their addresses (mainly html presentations and php scripts).
Snypy

ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the TOEICŪ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on TOEIC Test Forums
listening test for FCECan't listen to the TOEICŪ preparation systemQuestion about TOEICŪ listening: I-7-9 The cafeDifference between TOEICŪ and TOEFLŪtoiec scoreTOEICŪ Speaking & Writing test: new in the U.S.How to improve my TOEICŪ score?How can I get the second TOEICŪ simulator test?The guest list for the event ... I took care of that this morning and also sentlist of TOEICŪ prep testsWhat does might mean?A big problem: I would like to get like and 895 or 900 or more...TOEICŪ Listening exercise question