Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

coins and paper notes which have value; currency; medium of trade; wealth
example
lifestyle
money
clerk
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

TOEICŪ Listening exercise question

TOEIC Practice tests Increase your TOEIC test score with
684 Vocabulary + 100 Grammar tests
3420 flash cards plus an ESL book
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the TOEICŪ Test
A big problem: I would like to get like and 895 or 900 or more... | The guest list for the event ... I took care of that this morning and also sent
listening exercises
TOEIC Listening exercise question #1 (permalink) Fri Jun 18, 2010 19:35 pm   TOEIC Listening exercise question

Exercise link: www.english-test.net/toeic/listening/a_radio_commercial_for_a_herbal_sleeping_pill.html

Hi,

I didn't find more suitable category to ask this question, so I decided to write it here.

Could you explain why correct answer at exercise #1 ( 1. What is being advertised? ) is 'A sleep aide'. It does not make sense, considering that AIDE means:

'a person whose job is to help someone important, such as a member of a government or a military officer of high rank '. Had it been 'AID' then it would be OK.

Please enlighten me ;-)
Snypy
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

TOEIC Listening exercise question #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 18, 2010 20:43 pm   TOEIC Listening exercise question

It's probably a mistake. I think it should be 'aid' (something that helps; an object, device, or technique that makes something easier to do) rather than 'aide' (someone who helps; an assistant to someone who has an important job)
Language Coach

TOEIC Test Preparation — Increase your Score with 684 free TOEIC Vocabulary TestsTOEIC Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEIC scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEIC Grammar Exercises — Improve your English grammar and vocabulary skillsEvaluate and certifiy your business communication skills with TOEIC — TOEIC Certification
TOEIC Listening exercise question #3 (permalink) Mon Jun 21, 2010 20:36 pm   TOEIC Listening exercise question

Yes, should have been aid.
Acw
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

TOEIC Listening exercise question #4 (permalink) Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:52 pm   TOEIC Listening exercise question

Dear Snypy, Beeesneees and Acw,

Changed: http://www.english-test.net/toeic/listening/a_radio_commercial_for_a_herbal_sleeping_pill.html#question1

Many thanks
Slava
Slava
Programmer and Co-founder

TOEIC Listening exercise question #5 (permalink) Tue Jul 06, 2010 18:41 pm   TOEIC Listening exercise question

it's already changed so my post is not really pertinent, but yes it should have been aid...;)
EnglishSchoolMontreal

A big problem: I would like to get like and 895 or 900 or more... | The guest list for the event ... I took care of that this morning and also sent
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the TOEICŪ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on TOEIC Test Forums
toiec scoreTarget TOEICŪ Second EditionTOEICŪ Speaking & Writing test: new in the U.S.TOEICŪ listening part I, set 57, exercise 5How to improve my TOEICŪ score?How can I get the second TOEICŪ simulator test?list of TOEICŪ prep testsWhat does might mean?Their or his/herTOEICŪ information'to stance'Think in true love ... help for TOEICŪ testThe team was vs. the team were?