to recommence; to begin again; to retake; to take back; to continue
enlist
attach
railroad
resume

past tense vs present perfect

british word for kiss | green urgly cotton or urgly green cotton
past tense vs present perfect #1 (permalink) Fri Jun 18, 2010 20:45 pm   past tense vs present perfect

What´s the difference,and when should I use them?

I worked in a travel agency.
I have worked in a travel agency.

That doesn´t seem to be that hard,but I still mix up things in daily conversations.

Thanks you in advance!!
Gilson

Location: Brazil

past tense vs present perfect #2 (permalink) Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:09 am   past tense vs present perfect

Use the second when it was recent or when you are naming that life experience.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
past tense vs present perfect #3 (permalink) Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:47 am   past tense vs present perfect

Hi Gilson,

If you begin a sentence: 'I worked ...,' we expect you to say when this was. If you begin a sentence: 'I have worked ..', we don't expect to hear when this was because you are simply telling us what you have done at some time or other.

_________________

In many storybooks, witches cast evil spells onto unsuspecting victims.Isn't going make it to the practice - what does it mean?pilot vs pilots'just bought' vs 'just has bought'My son hit a homerun last night! Wow! Good for him.the most difficult vs the less difficultthis 17-year-old son vs his 17-year-old sonWhy smells and not is smelling?What's the meanig of pinch an inch.why we can not use the word ' imagining'.I dropped a dress size, it is simply meaning that to fit into dress.Meaning of piling on the pounds'the car on question' vs 'the car in question'