something which is opposite
language
contrary
timeliness
selection

What kind of a sponge can be found in the ocean? What does it mean?

correct | I can't wait to move out of this house...
What kind of a sponge can be found in the ocean? What does it mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Jun 19, 2010 15:55 pm   What kind of a sponge can be found in the ocean? What does it mean?

ESL/EFL Test #294 "Real Life: Cleaning Supplies (1)", question 3

A ......... can be found in the ocean. It soaks up water and is used to clean dishes and surfaces.

(a) shovel
(b) sponge
(c) broom
(d) mop

ESL/EFL Test #294 "Real Life: Cleaning Supplies (1)", answer 3

A sponge can be found in the ocean. It soaks up water and is used to clean dishes and surfaces.

Correct answer: (b) sponge

_________________________

Thanks :)

What kind of a sponge can be found in the ocean? What does it mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Jun 19, 2010 16:32 pm   What kind of a sponge can be found in the ocean? What does it mean?

A sponge is used to soak up water, clean up spills etc. in households. But, a sponge is also an invertebrate that lives in the ocean.
These animals are harvested from oceans, but there are artificial sponges that are used in homes as well.
Sponge definition: "Any of numerous aquatic, chiefly marine invertebrate animals of the phylum Porifera, characteristically having a porous skeleton composed of fibrous material ....."
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
What kind of a sponge can be found in the ocean? What does it mean? #3 (permalink) Mon Jul 11, 2011 19:03 pm   What kind of a sponge can be found in the ocean? What does it mean?

So that's why spongebob is all about living in the ocean......
Sulaini

More than meets the eyeThey promised to doI wouldn't worryI was watching TV when I heard the glass breakwe satŪ in the sunConfirmation emailUsage of 'gotta'give me a handWhat does the phrase "off the boat" mean?Difference between 'during' and 'while'?lurch vs straymeaning of vacillatingMeaning of inventing