device made up of interconnected parts that work together to perform a given task or function
accelerator
time
machine
character

Isn't going make it to the practice - what does it mean?

meaning of "Look before you leap" | pilot vs pilots
Isn't going make it to the practice - what does it mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Jun 19, 2010 16:14 pm   Isn't going make it to the practice - what does it mean?

ESL/EFL Test #287 "Basic Grammar Exercises (12)", question 9

I am pretty sure John ......... going to make it to the practice today. It starts in two minutes and he hasn't arrived yet.

(a) aren't
(b) weren't
(c) isn't
(d) won't

ESL/EFL Test #287 "Basic Grammar Exercises (12)", answer 9

I am pretty sure John isn't going to make it to the practice today. It starts in two minutes and he hasn't arrived yet.

Correct answer: (c) isn't

_________________________

isn't going make it to the practice- what does it mean?

Isn't going make it to the practice - what does it mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Jun 19, 2010 17:20 pm   Isn't going make it to the practice - what does it mean?

'Isn't going to make it' means he isn't going to come to the practice today.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
what does put forth mean?how use latest?In many storybooks, witches cast evil spells onto unsuspecting victims.'just bought' vs 'just has bought'My son hit a homerun last night! Wow! Good for him.green urgly cotton or urgly green cottonbritish word for kisspast tense vs present perfectthe most difficult vs the less difficultthis 17-year-old son vs his 17-year-old sonWhy smells and not is smelling?'the car on question' vs 'the car in question'Countable vs. uncountable nouns