Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to knock down; to astound; to shock
fizzle
deserve
floor
declare
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

what does put forth mean?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
how use latest? | Idiom: Pin you hopes on
listening exercises
what does put forth mean? #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 20, 2010 22:57 pm   what does put forth mean?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #762 "Real Life: Examinations (1)", question 10

A ......... test is usually a reading or literary exercise that requires an understanding of the material and the subsequent questions that are put forth.

(a) mathematical
(b) logic
(c) comprehension
(d) terminal

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #762 "Real Life: Examinations (1)", answer 10

A comprehension test is usually a reading or literary exercise that requires an understanding of the material and the subsequent questions that are put forth.

Correct answer: (c) comprehension

wha does put forth mean here?

Badaz
Badaz

what does put forth mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 20, 2010 23:13 pm   what does put forth mean?

given, supplied, put forward.

'Put forth' sounds rather antiquated and formal.
Language Coach

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
how use latest? | Idiom: Pin you hopes on
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
how to make polite statements?I want an extra-large pizza with the works. I need help to find the meaning...Help me with these versesIn many storybooks, witches cast evil spells onto unsuspecting victims.Isn't going make it to the practice - what does it mean?pilot vs pilots'just bought' vs 'just has bought'My son hit a homerun last night! Wow! Good for him.What is the purpose of a CV?What is the difference between "read" and "red"?Meaing of Let sleeping dogs lieMeaning of everything in the garden is lovelymeaning of "Look before you leap"