large room used for lectures; talks, performances and other events
house
regulations
auditorium
display

Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves

I don't understand why after using "in" there's "ing" form. | What does "bring short with you" mean?
Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:45 pm   Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves

ESL/EFL Test #809 "Juneteenth, a holiday in the United States", question 5

Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves, it had a ......... effect on most slaves lives due to the resistance of some states to accept the order.

(a) minimal
(b) idle
(c) opposed

ESL/EFL Test #809 "Juneteenth, a holiday in the United States", answer 5

Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves, it had a minimal effect on most slaves lives due to the resistance of some states to accept the order.

Correct answer: (a) minimal
_________________________

Is the comma really needed after "Although"?
Peter3791

Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 23, 2010 23:29 pm   Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves

It's actually incorrect there.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/inter-182, Question 3Test incompl/elem-145, Question 6Test incompl/inter-779, Answer 2Test incompl/inter-549, Question 6why odd used in the sentences?Why an article is not used?meaning of 'a loose cannon'how to make polite statements?I want an extra-large pizza with the works. I need help to find the meaning...Help me with these versesWhat is the purpose of a CV?Way to listening the English well?Why is mission?