Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

large room used for lectures; talks, performances and other events
house
regulations
auditorium
display
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
I don't understand why after using "in" there's "ing" form. | What does "bring short with you" mean?
listening exercises
Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:45 pm   Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #809 "Juneteenth, a holiday in the United States", question 5

Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves, it had a ......... effect on most slaves lives due to the resistance of some states to accept the order.

(a) minimal
(b) idle
(c) opposed

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #809 "Juneteenth, a holiday in the United States", answer 5

Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves, it had a minimal effect on most slaves lives due to the resistance of some states to accept the order.

Correct answer: (a) minimal

Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves

Is the comma really needed after "Although"?
Peter3791

Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 23, 2010 23:29 pm   Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves

It's actually incorrect there.
Language Coach

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
I don't understand why after using "in" there's "ing" form. | What does "bring short with you" mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Test incompl/inter-182, Question 3Test incompl/elem-145, Question 6Test incompl/inter-779, Answer 2Test incompl/inter-549, Question 6why odd used in the sentences?Why an article is not used?meaning of 'a loose cannon'how to make polite statements?I want an extra-large pizza with the works. I need help to find the meaning...Help me with these versesWhat is the purpose of a CV?Way to listening the English well?Why is mission?