Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

motivating; stimulating; encouraging; provoking; inhaling
inspiring
quiet
exclusively
immediate
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

meaning of 'a loose cannon'

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Made a fortune? | I don't understand why after using "in" there's "ing" form.
listening exercises
meaning of 'a loose cannon' #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 23, 2010 20:09 pm   meaning of 'a loose cannon'

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #290 "English Slang Idioms (12)", question 5

"I don't think I'll go out drinking with James again. He is too much of a ......... cannon when he gets drunk," Leah said to Josie.

(a) rusty
(b) loose
(c) tight
(d) big

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #290 "English Slang Idioms (12)", answer 5

"I don't think I'll go out drinking with James again. He is too much of a loose cannon when he gets drunk," Leah said to Josie.

Correct answer: (b) loose

can you explain to me the question?

dang
dangg

meaning of 'a loose cannon' #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 23, 2010 23:00 pm   meaning of 'a loose cannon'

'a loose cannon' is a term used to describe someone who acts erratically (in an unexpected or unpredictable way).

When Ben gets drunk, he is unpredictable so Leah doesn't want to go out with him.
Language Coach

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Made a fortune? | I don't understand why after using "in" there's "ing" form.
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Test incompl/inter-182, Question 3Test incompl/inter-779, Answer 2Test incompl/inter-549, Question 6why odd used in the sentences?What does "bring short with you" mean?Why an article is not used?Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaveshow to make polite statements?I want an extra-large pizza with the works. I need help to find the meaning...Help me with these versesWhat is the purpose of a CV?Way to listening the English well?Why is mission?