to design; to mold; to form; to direct; to be formed
shape
irritate
involve
source

Test incompl/advan-812, User's Answer 3

Test incompl/elem-181, Question 2 | leave a message the next time?
Test incompl/advan-812, User's Answer 3 #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 23, 2010 20:36 pm   Test incompl/advan-812, User's Answer 3

ESL/EFL Test #812 "Atlantis, Bahamas", question 3

The focus of The Blue Project is to protect the ......... tropical marine ecosystems.

(a) interest
(b) iconoclast
(c) integrity
(d) ideogram

ESL/EFL Test #812 "Atlantis, Bahamas", answer 3

The focus of The Blue Project is to protect the integrity tropical marine ecosystems.

Correct answer: (c) integrity

_________________________

isn't it better to say "the integrity of tropical marine ecosystems"?
BenDover23

Test incompl/advan-812, User's Answer 3 #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 23, 2010 20:38 pm   Test incompl/advan-812, User's Answer 3

or even better "the integrity of the tropical marine ecosystems"..? The phrase given in the text sounds to me like "half way there"...
BenDover23

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Test incompl/advan-812, User's Answer 3 #3 (permalink) Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:37 am   Test incompl/advan-812, User's Answer 3

Moreover, the absence of "of the" makes it possible to insert only an adjective in the gap.

Let us be logical and analyze the sentence structure to make a guess.
As it is obvious that interest, integrity, and ideogram are NOT adjectives, and the word "iconoclast" is far from being a frequently used one, so it is alright if we non-native speakers fail to understand it.

Hence, the only logical conclusion is "iconoclast", which means Test #812 "Atlantis, Bahamas", question 3
is quite misleading.
Peter3791

Test incompl/advan-812, User's Answer 3 #4 (permalink) Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:48 pm   Test incompl/advan-812, User's Answer 3

Iconoclast is a noun, means something like a desecrater but not just vandal, political or religious desecrater. The adjective is iconoclastic.

Logically only integrity suits this question but grammatically looks wrong (to me)
BenDover23

Test incompl/advan-812, User's Answer 3 #5 (permalink) Thu Jul 01, 2010 20:41 pm   Test incompl/advan-812, User's Answer 3

The question contains missing words. It's incorrect.
_________________

Meaning of road hogb/c the use to show whole class or family of something.Both of them - solve or discover can be used?I have written one sentence and have a little bit perplexion about itTest incompl/elem-184, Question 1Test incompl/elem-295, Question 2Test incompl/advan-107, Question 2Test incompl/advan-153, Question 6Test incompl/inter-455, Question 1Test incompl/inter-165, User's Answer 10Reduction rulesWhat does break off mean?The word "wanted" here is not willing verb but action verb...