a charge imposed and collected
levy
clout
maximum
amortization

What does "bring short with you" mean?

Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves | Why an article is not used?
What does "bring short with you" mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 23, 2010 23:43 pm   What does "bring short with you" mean?

"I called the head office and told them that I would make a great manager. I am so nervous. A move like that will either make or ......... me at this company," Dill said to Janice.

(a) snake
(b) bend
(c) break
(d) smite

"I called the head office and told them that I would make a great manager. I am so nervous. A move like that will either make or break me at this company," Dill said to Janice.

Correct answer: (c) break
_________________________

What does "bring short with you" mean?

Bibibo
Bibibo

What does "bring short with you" mean? #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 23, 2010 23:50 pm   What does "bring short with you" mean?

It doesn't mean anything. It's not grammatically correct.

Did you mean 'being short with you'?
"I'm sorry i was short with you." - I'm sorry that I was short-tempered with you.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/inter-182, Question 3Test incompl/elem-145, Question 6Test incompl/inter-779, Answer 2Test incompl/inter-549, Question 6why odd used in the sentences?meaning of 'a loose cannon'I don't understand why after using "in" there's "ing" form.how to make polite statements?I want an extra-large pizza with the works. I need help to find the meaning...Help me with these versesWhat is the purpose of a CV?Way to listening the English well?Burglar vs. felon