Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

a charge imposed and collected
levy
clout
maximum
amortization
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does "bring short with you" mean?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves | Why an article is not used?
listening exercises
What does "bring short with you" mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 23, 2010 23:43 pm   What does "bring short with you" mean?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #538 "English Slang Idioms (280)", question 1

"I called the head office and told them that I would make a great manager. I am so nervous. A move like that will either make or ......... me at this company," Dill said to Janice.

(a) snake
(b) bend
(c) break
(d) smite

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #538 "English Slang Idioms (280)", answer 1

"I called the head office and told them that I would make a great manager. I am so nervous. A move like that will either make or break me at this company," Dill said to Janice.

Correct answer: (c) break

What does "bring short with you" mean?

Bibibo
Bibibo

What does "bring short with you" mean? #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 23, 2010 23:50 pm   What does "bring short with you" mean?

It doesn't mean anything. It's not grammatically correct.

Did you mean 'being short with you'?
"I'm sorry i was short with you." - I'm sorry that I was short-tempered with you.
Language Coach

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves | Why an article is not used?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Test incompl/inter-182, Question 3Test incompl/elem-145, Question 6Test incompl/inter-779, Answer 2Test incompl/inter-549, Question 6why odd used in the sentences?meaning of 'a loose cannon'I don't understand why after using "in" there's "ing" form.how to make polite statements?I want an extra-large pizza with the works. I need help to find the meaning...Help me with these versesWhat is the purpose of a CV?Way to listening the English well?Burglar vs. felon