moving back and forth; influence; control; authority
pass
category
principle
sway

why odd used in the sentences?

Way to listening the English well? | Test incompl/inter-549, Question 6
why odd used in the sentences? #1 (permalink) Thu Jun 24, 2010 16:39 pm   why odd used in the sentences?

"Christmas break is only one month so I can't find a steady job to work for only a month. I am going to look for odd ......... until the spring semester starts," Jordan told his mom.

(a) arrangments
(b) assignments
(c) jobs
(d) tasks

"Christmas break is only one month so I can't find a steady job to work for only a month. I am going to look for odd jobs until the spring semester starts," Jordan told his mom.

Correct answer: (c) jobs
_________________________

teacher why odd" used in the sentences i did not get it?

Miorr
Miorr

why odd used in the sentences? #2 (permalink) Thu Jun 24, 2010 16:43 pm   why odd used in the sentences?

'Odd jobs' is a common expression.
Odd jobs: "Any of various non-specialized, unrelated jobs, usually domestic, unskilled, or menial."
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/advan-811, Question 5Test incompl/inter-48, User's Answer 3Test incompl/inter-182, Question 3Test incompl/elem-145, Question 6Test incompl/inter-779, Answer 2What does "bring short with you" mean?Why an article is not used?meaning of 'a loose cannon'I don't understand why after using "in" there's "ing" form.Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaveshow to make polite statements?I want an extra-large pizza with the works. I need help to find the meaning...What is the purpose of a CV?