Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

careful observation of a person or group
spot
greenhouse
attendant
surveillance
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Test incompl/inter-182, Question 3

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Why is mission? | Test incompl/elem-145, Question 6
listening exercises
Test incompl/inter-182, Question 3 #1 (permalink) Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:01 am   Test incompl/inter-182, Question 3

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #182 "Who wants to be a millionaire?", question 3

Most people like the ......... of not having to work.

(a) scheme
(b) suggestion
(c) design
(d) idea

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #182 "Who wants to be a millionaire?", answer 3

Most people like the idea of not having to work.

Correct answer: (d) idea

i doubt on my answer. is suggestion the right answer? can you give more explanation?
English Learner

Test incompl/inter-182, Question 3 #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:51 am   Test incompl/inter-182, Question 3

The right answer is written above your question. You are to choose the word that correctly collocates in the sentence. Here, 'like the idea of' is a common collocation.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Why is mission? | Test incompl/elem-145, Question 6
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Test express/advan-46, Question 10Test incompl/advan-811, Question 5Test incompl/inter-48, User's Answer 3Test incompl/inter-779, Answer 2Test incompl/inter-549, Question 6why odd used in the sentences?What does "bring short with you" mean?Why an article is not used?meaning of 'a loose cannon'I don't understand why after using "in" there's "ing" form.Although, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slavesWay to listening the English well?What does balmy mean?