Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to harvest; to cut short; to clip
establish
imagine
crop
fund
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Why warrant does not fit here

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Meaning of work | Spelling for you whether
listening exercises
Why warrant does not fit here #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 22, 2005 19:48 pm   Why warrant does not fit here

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #3 "The audience went wild", question 8

Remember that if you buy something expensive, it's very important to keep the recipe just in case there's a problem.

(a) Remember
(b) keep
(c) recipe
(d) in case

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #3 "The audience went wild", answer 8

Remember that if you buy something expensive, it's very important to keep the receipt just in case there's a problem.

Correct entry: receipt
The error was: (c) recipe

You have found the error but your entry is incorrect.
Remember that if you buy something expensive, it's very important to keep the warrant just in case there's a problem.

Why 'warrant' does not fit here?

Deya
Deya Eviga

Warrant #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 22, 2005 20:20 pm   Warrant

Hi Deya,

The word warrant has some special meanings: document allowing you to travel (travel warrant) document used by the police for permission to search your house (search warrant) document allowing police to arrest someone.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of work | Spelling for you whether
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What are creative juices?Idiomatic phrasal verb: to put one through toReading instead readDifference between 'my name is X' and 'this is X'Can i use your phone to call SO?Phrasal verb: walk bySentence meaningTo place an orderWhy not going homeMeaning of to the point of being sthIdiom: a paper bag full of moneyStray vs. wanderWhat is the meaning of willing?