any raised place or structure on which sacrifices may be offered or incense burned
altar
fathom
gosling
auspice

Raising SATŪ score

SAT Practice tests Increase your SAT test score with
plus 5.000 SAT word flash cards
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the SATŪ Test
SATŪ score | A guidance to recommend you: <SATŪ Critical Reading Game> by James Hong
Raising SAT score #1 (permalink) Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:15 am   Raising SAT score

Hey guy, I'm Hien from Viet Nam. I've just wandered around here and find much helpful information about SAT test. It makes me wish I knew it sooner.

I recently took an SAT test and I didn't come up to my expectation. I score 540 on Verbal, 740 math, and 620 writing. I need much more score to get a scholarship. What I'm worried about is whether in a few month I could raise my score to 2300. I hope some of you can help me!
Hienoncemore

Location: Viet Nam

Raising SAT score #2 (permalink) Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:46 am   Raising SAT score

Hienoncemore wrote:

Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

__________________
watch free movies online
Kathleenp980

SAT Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 1002 free SAT Vocabulary TestsSAT Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise SAT scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportSAT Practice Tests — Learn the most essential SAT vocabulary words you need to pass the SAT with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card system
Re: Raising SAT score #3 (permalink) Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:54 am   Re: Raising SAT score

I found a site: www.perfect800.com. They offer hundreds of free SAT Math questions, and you can sort by difficulty and question type, so you can really pick problems that work for you. They also have leveling up and challenges which give it a video game like feel. It's awesome!
Mathwhiz

Raising SAT score #4 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 13:09 pm   Raising SAT score

To gain a SAT score like 2300, you could not afford to miss any key concepts or skills that are tested on the SAT. So the first step you should do is to identify what are your weaknesses exactly and then work out to eliminate them if there is any. To do this right and fast, you could use the StarCatcher Online tool "SAT I: identify weakness" (link: http://www.northstarelearning.com/sat-identify-weakness ).
This tool is included for all the StarCatcher SAT prep programs such as SAT self training kit and any of the 1-on-1 training/tutoring program. You may check the links at http://www.northstarelearning.com/sat-self-training-kit or http://www.northstarelearning.com/1-on-1 for more details.
Hope this helps.
Starcatcher

Raising SAT score #5 (permalink) Fri Dec 10, 2010 14:59 pm   Raising SAT score

A math score of 740 is very good. To squeeze out those last few points you really need to practice those last few problems that appear at the end of each section.

I'm guessing that you will be taking one of the Math Subject Tests? Preparing for one of these will also help you with the most difficult SAT problems.
DrSteve

Location: Staten Island, NY

Raising SAT score #6 (permalink) Sat Jan 29, 2011 20:17 pm   Raising SAT score

I think it is very much possible to improve your score. You'll need a lot of discipline and perseverance. I have several students who improved their score by over 100 points. All you have to do is 1-2 months of extensive studying.

I usually recommend the EZ Solutions series of math and verbal books for the SAT or ACT along with the Official Guide to my students. If you need more practice, you can also get the Barrons or Kaplan workbooks.
Testguru

Raising SAT score #7 (permalink) Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:20 am   Raising SAT score

You can improve your score a lot. You need to take actual old exams, as many as you can find.
Sarayale

Raising SAT score #8 (permalink) Fri May 11, 2012 13:28 pm   Raising SAT score

Get books that just focus on Practice Tests, and then learn from the explanations. Books like Princeton Review's 11 Practice Tests, Kaplan's 12 PT's, etc. The more practice, the higher you will score. But don't forget to learn from your mistakes, that is the most important part of improving.
Gg500

Raising SAT score #9 (permalink) Tue May 22, 2012 23:48 pm   Raising SAT score

dont worry about your math, it's not worth it to spend 50 hours to increase 60 points when you can spend 50 hours on Critical Reading and increase possibly 150 points.
Satkiddo

Raising SAT score #10 (permalink) Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 am   Raising SAT score

i advise getting the collegeboard official sat study guide. it's also called the "Blue Book" or BB. after taking a practice test, make sure to go over every question and try to rationalize each wrong answer.
Derail

Raising SAT score #11 (permalink) Wed Jun 20, 2012 15:23 pm   Raising SAT score

Yes the above is correct. Also, the first 3 tests in the 2nd edition blue book will give you an exact score. The next 7 will not, they are good for practice but not for an exact score.
Taxidriver

Raising SAT score #12 (permalink) Thu Jul 05, 2012 22:48 pm   Raising SAT score

I agree, the Blue Book has raised my score from a 1380 to a 2100 and still continues to increase.
ShutUpUPlay2Much

Raising SAT score #13 (permalink) Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:02 am   Raising SAT score

Blue book is excellent, in addition you can try number2.com. You can also consider taking a test with the option of QAS ( it is offered in May, October, January ) that will help you identiy areas that you need to focus on.
Udaysrajput

ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the SATŪ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on SAT Test Forums
writing multiple-choiceSelling SATŪ, OLD SATŪ, ONLINE COURSE and AP tests and LOOKING FOR OCT 2012!!!!Selling SATŪ QAS and AP tests at $4 for each!!!!!!!!!!!!QASThe quality and attention to detail is apparent.ESL tutor offerSATŪ Prep Vocab from any mobile phoneSATŪ scholarship2 Weeks left for SATŪ exam!PLEASE HELP ME CHECK AND RATE MY ESSAY! THANK YOU SO MUCHSATŪ ESSAYMemorize SATŪ Vocab! :DNotice: Lambents is a scammer