ingredient; single piece which forms part of a larger unit; part; constituent; element
component
behind
step
offensive

Are interested proteins and proteins of interest interchangable?

Meaning of 'Around the world' (round the world) | What does 'try your luck' mean?
Are interested proteins and proteins of interest interchangable? #1 (permalink) Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:47 pm   Are interested proteins and proteins of interest interchangable?

I am a non native English speaker from Thailand.
I found the use of "interested proteins" in a scientific journal as follows:

In randomly selected CCRT-HS (n = 60) and CCRT-LS (n = 35) cases, these four differentially expressed proteins were detected by tissue microarray with immunohistochemistry staining to explore the association between these interested proteins and CCRT sensitivity.

It appears in J. Proteome Res., 2009, 8 (8), pp 39693976

(BTW, the author of this article is also a non native speaker)
The question is whether "the interested proteins" is correct and can be interchanged with "the proteins of interest"

I guess I want to know why "interested" can not be used an an adjective if the "interested proteins" is incorrect.
Thanks a lot
Kwanmor
Kwanmor

Are interested proteins and proteins of interest interchangable? #2 (permalink) Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:54 pm   Are interested proteins and proteins of interest interchangable?

I'm no scientist, but I think that 'proteins of interest' would be correct whereas 'interested proteins' is actually wrong. I think the writer might have intended 'interesting proteins' (though I still prefer' proteins of interest').
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
develop into?Two wrongs don't make a right?What does no two ways about it mean?You're being very unfair to us!What does zoom out mean?After 'tell' we always have to put an object or in that case a personnel pronounscomedy vs. tragedyNever give up?the difference between home and houseWhat are knitted mitts?expedient vs expertWhat does "be away from danger" mean?difference between whom and whose?