to rub off; to remove totally; to delete
know
pose
groom
erase

What does 'try your luck' mean?

Are interested proteins and proteins of interest interchangable? | What does zoom out mean?
What does 'try your luck' mean? #1 (permalink) Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:19 pm   What does 'try your luck' mean?

ESL/EFL Test #57 "Lucky You", question 10

After all his failures in the business world he decided to ......... his luck in the casino.

(a) turn
(b) endeavour
(c) attempt
(d) try

ESL/EFL Test #57 "Lucky You", answer 10

After all his failures in the business world he decided to try his luck in the casino.

Correct answer: (d) try
_________________________

what?
Holy

What does 'try your luck' mean? #2 (permalink) Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:21 pm   What does 'try your luck' mean?

To 'try your luck' means to have a go at something in the hope that you will be successful.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
develop into?Two wrongs don't make a right?What does no two ways about it mean?You're being very unfair to us!After 'tell' we always have to put an object or in that case a personnel pronounscomedy vs. tragedyNever give up?the difference between home and houseWhat are knitted mitts?expedient vs expertWhat does "be away from danger" mean?difference between whom and whose?Glance vs. flash a look