to divide; to split
section
sign
compartmentalize
schedule

TOEICŪ listening part I, set 57, exercise 5

TOEIC Practice tests Increase your TOEIC test score with
3420 flash cards plus an ESL book
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the TOEICŪ Test
How can I get the second TOEICŪ simulator test? | TOEICŪ information
TOEIC listening part I, set 57, exercise 5 #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:19 am   TOEIC listening part I, set 57, exercise 5

565). Administrative cubicles
The chairs are all black.
There is a picture hanging on the wall.
All the floor tile is the same color.
You can see four people in the picture. -- CORRECT

Actually I can see FIVE people in the picture. There is a mistake in this exercise.
http://www.english-test.net/toeic/listening/administrative_cubicles.html

Many thanks for your attention. Regards,
Francesco
_________________
The malicious enjoy a dark happiness.
Victor Hugo
Francis

Location: Milan, Italy

TOEIC listening part I, set 57, exercise 5 #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:23 am   TOEIC listening part I, set 57, exercise 5

Hi Francesco,

Many thanks for your pointing this out. You actually might see 6 people in the picture if you examine it very closely. However, in the TOEIC test you need to select the answer that 'best describes the pictures'. Clearly, answer D best describes the picture so there is no mistake in this exercise.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Stacking boxes

TOEIC Test Preparation — Increase your Score with 684 free TOEIC Vocabulary TestsTOEIC Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEIC scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEIC Grammar Exercises — Improve your English grammar and vocabulary skillsEvaluate and certifiy your business communication skills with TOEIC — TOEIC Certification
TOEIC listening part I, set 57, exercise 5 #3 (permalink) Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:32 am   TOEIC listening part I, set 57, exercise 5

Hi Torsten,

Although there is no mistake regarding the answer, there is a typo in those choices. It should read: all the floor tiles ARE the same color.
(I don't believe I can edit this bank of questions to make the change myself.)
_________________

TOEIC listening part I, set 57, exercise 5 #4 (permalink) Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:38 am   TOEIC listening part I, set 57, exercise 5

Well done, Beeesneees. Apparently I am very absent-minded! :-)
_________________
The malicious enjoy a dark happiness.
Victor Hugo
Francis

Location: Milan, Italy

TOEIC listening part I, set 57, exercise 5 #5 (permalink) Thu Jul 22, 2010 14:12 pm   TOEIC listening part I, set 57, exercise 5

Hello Beeesneees,

I am impressed. I wish I could tell you that you won the prize for catching that error, but Torsten doesn't allow me to give out prizes. Actually, there are two errors in the sentence.

In the example, the sentence reads "All the floor tile is the same color." This is the way it was recorded, too. The sentence should read, "All the floor tiles are the same color."

There should be an "s" added to tiles and "are" instead of "is." The word "all" changes the verb from "is" to "are."

So, you are correct! I would love to blame the errors on my old age, however, it was simply a mistake that we didn't catch.

GREAT JOB!

Tom Kane

TOEIC listening part I, set 57, exercise 5 #6 (permalink) Thu Jul 22, 2010 14:29 pm   TOEIC listening part I, set 57, exercise 5

Thanks Tom - but I suspect from your answer that you don't realise I am a native English speaker. LOL ;-D
Pleased to make your acquaintance though! I understand you are a sorely missed, long time poster here, as well as 'the voice' behind many recordings.

(When I pointed out the typo, I corrected 'tile' to 'tiles' as well as 'is' to 'are'. You had me scrolling up to check!)

As for 'old age' - I blame everything on that... or men!
_________________

ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the TOEICŪ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on TOEIC Test Forums
Can't listen to the TOEICŪ preparation systemQuestion about TOEICŪ listening: I-7-9 The cafeDifference between TOEICŪ and TOEFLŪtoiec scoreTarget TOEICŪ Second EditionTOEICŪ Speaking & Writing test: new in the U.S.How to improve my TOEICŪ score?The guest list for the event ... I took care of that this morning and also sentlist of TOEICŪ prep testsWhat does might mean?A big problem: I would like to get like and 895 or 900 or more...TOEICŪ Listening exercise questionThink in true love ... help for TOEICŪ test