view; vista; panorama; set; backdrop used on stage to portray a particular setting or locale
scenery
entry
toll
top

TOEIC® Speaking & Writing test: new in the U.S.

TOEIC Practice tests Increase your TOEIC test score with
3420 flash cards plus an ESL book
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the TOEIC® Test
Target TOEIC® Second Edition | How to improve my TOEIC® score?
TOEIC Speaking & Writing test: new in the U.S. #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 22, 2010 17:11 pm   TOEIC Speaking & Writing test: new in the U.S.

AMIDEAST's English4Success Division, working with ETS, began setting up test sites this spring to administer the official TOEIC & Writing tests for the first time in the United States. We wanted to let everybody know that the test is now available here.

We currently have sites in or near Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Philadelphia, PA; Washington, DC; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; and Salt Lake City, UT. We expect to be expanding testing to more cities too.

The next test date is September 18, and we're encouraging people to sign up now as seats are limited.
Lnigro

TOEIC Speaking & Writing test: new in the U.S. #2 (permalink) Fri Jul 23, 2010 22:09 pm   TOEIC Speaking & Writing test: new in the U.S.

Hi Lia, thanks a lot for posting your ad. We also are happy when someone uses our forum as an advertising medium because it shows how popular our TOEIC community has become.

As for the TOEIC writing and speaking test, can you please tell us how popular it is? I mean what is the number of people who take the test in the US and worldwide?

Best regards,

TOEIC listening, photographs: A photographer

TOEIC Test Preparation — Increase your Score with 684 free TOEIC Vocabulary TestsTOEIC Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEIC scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEIC Grammar Exercises — Improve your English grammar and vocabulary skillsEvaluate and certifiy your business communication skills with TOEIC — TOEIC Certification
TOEIC Speaking & Writing test: new in the U.S. #3 (permalink) Wed Jul 28, 2010 20:31 pm   TOEIC Speaking & Writing test: new in the U.S.

Dear Torsten,

I've been looking for stats as to how many people are taking the TOEIC Speaking & Writing tests, and so far have learned that the first full year it was offered in Japan (2008), around 4,200 people took the test. I’ll let you know if I learn more.

Here in the U.S., we are not fully established. We’ve given the official test four times starting with one test center and moving our way up to three last time (we’ll be in six cities with the next administration in September). We’re also in a country where most people are native English speakers. So we’re counting only in the dozens, and that’s not surprising or unexpected at this point.

This is a new test, and it is going to grow fast. Over 9,000 organizations in 90 countries use the TOEIC Listening & Reading test, and 5 million people take it each year. The TOEIC Speaking & Writing test tests those skills that aren’t covered by the TOEIC Listening & Reading test and as more employers become aware of its existence, they are going to want to see results from both tests. The test is a valuable credential even now because the TOEIC name is well-known as a reliable, objective measure of language proficiency.

BTW, I didn’t mean my posting as an ad. Yes, we want to spread awareness of the test but I thought something factual rather than promotional would be appropriate in this forum so I tried to keep it that way, and directed it specifically to the part of the forum that focuses on the TOEIC test.

Thanks for hosting the item. Best, Lia
Lnigro

ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the TOEIC® Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on TOEIC Test Forums
listening test for FCElistening test for FCECan't listen to the TOEIC® preparation systemQuestion about TOEIC® listening: I-7-9 The cafeDifference between TOEIC® and TOEFL®toiec scoreTOEIC® listening part I, set 57, exercise 5How can I get the second TOEIC® simulator test?The guest list for the event ... I took care of that this morning and also sentlist of TOEIC® prep testsWhat does might mean?A big problem: I would like to get like and 895 or 900 or more...TOEIC® Listening exercise question