not guilty; pure; simple; naive; unsophisticated; harmless
domestic
innocent
peculiar
beneficent

The murderer was gunned down or triggered down?

term 'Hired gun' | How can I know?
The murderer was gunned down or triggered down? #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 22, 2010 18:21 pm   The murderer was gunned down or triggered down?

ESL/EFL Test #853 "'Guns Etc:' Common Usages (2)", question 4

The murderer was ......... down by police yesterday. They shot him when he pulled a gun on an officer.

(a) barreled
(b) blazed
(c) triggered
(d) gunned

ESL/EFL Test #853 "'Guns Etc:' Common Usages (2)", answer 4

The murderer was gunned down by police yesterday. They shot him when he pulled a gun on an officer.

Correct answer: (d) gunned
_________________________

What is the right answer to: The murderer was gunned down or triggered down?

Menke
Menke

The murderer was gunned down or triggered down? #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 22, 2010 18:43 pm   The murderer was gunned down or triggered down?

Please read the line of text above the dividing line where it says 'correct answer'. You do not need to click the link to the forum in order to see the answer in any of these tests. The link is provided in case you have any additional questions about it.

The right answer, as you cvan see above, is 'gunned'.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
term 'Hired gun' | How can I know?
meaning of "put out"Idiom "He really sticks to his guns"Do you say 'You shouldn't shoot the gun'?Do you say 'gunning' for your job?It is a challenging exercises...idiom 'a smoking gun'Everything is in order?In english we use supplies only for stuffs in stationarydevelop into?Two wrongs don't make a right?What does no two ways about it mean?You're being very unfair to us!After 'tell' we always have to put an object or in that case a personnel pronouns