strong; solid; stable; fixed; immovable; determined
final
ample
firm
prior

What are Christmas stockings?

What is the butt of the joke? | Meaning of you're on your own?
What are Christmas stockings? #1 (permalink) Mon Jul 26, 2010 23:42 pm   What are Christmas stockings?

ESL/EFL Test #221 "Confusing Words test (4)", question 6

Dorothy carefully ......... all of the Christmas gifts, and then she filled all of the stockings with small gifts and goodies.

(a) rapt
(b) rapped
(c) roped
(d) wrapped

ESL/EFL Test #221 "Confusing Words test (4)", answer 6

Dorothy carefully wrapped all of the Christmas gifts, and then she filled all of the stockings with small gifts and goodies.

Correct answer: (d) wrapped
_________________________

what does stocking mean here?
Spify

What are Christmas stockings? #2 (permalink) Tue Jul 27, 2010 0:01 am   What are Christmas stockings?

Christmas stockings are sock-like bags that are commonly hung on the mantel of a fireplace or on a Christmas tree. Some people like to sew or paint family members' names on stockings. Traditionally, stockings are filled with small gifts for family members.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
I want to see if I am correct or not when filling in these blanks...I'm moving up in the company next week.I would like to know the meaning of regular basis?What is a graphic movie?What does 'to be on a roll' mean?What is a fishing expedition?What does know all the tricks mean?The oldest trick in the book?What are "old wives' tales"?What is 'an old hat'?so it looks new again vs. so it'll look new againwhen do we use present perfect?What's the difference between present perfect andMeaning of clamp