to be plentiful; to be filled with; to overflow with
employ
reinforce
abound
expose

bothered vs. disturbed

What are certain plants? | like mowing the lawn?
bothered vs. disturbed #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 28, 2010 19:34 pm   bothered vs. disturbed

ESL/EFL Test #275 "The holiday of a lifetime", question 6

But she didn't really care how much she paid because she simply wasn't ......... about the expense.

(a) distracted
(b) disturbed
(c) bothered
(d) considered

ESL/EFL Test #275 "The holiday of a lifetime", answer 6

But she didn't really care how much she paid because she simply wasn't bothered about the expense.

Correct answer: (c) bothered

But she didn't really care how much she paid because she simply wasn't disturbed about the expense.
_________________________

Hi! Why "disturbed about" is not correct answer in this sentence?Best regards,Oinas.
Oinas

Location: Finland

bothered vs. disturbed #2 (permalink) Wed Jul 28, 2010 19:43 pm   bothered vs. disturbed

One of the definitions of the word "to bother" reads:
To concern oneself. (courtesy or http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bother )
which fits the context perfectly.

None of the definitions of the word "to disturb" fit the context of the sentence.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
if I practised for a hundred years, I couldn't possibly reach your standard...How often do you use 'to be fired'?I'd like my steak?What does "get cavities" mean?Could you please describe "put him away with good" in this sentence?What does pull over mean?What does adjusting to your new job mean in this sentence?What does 'catch a faint glimpse' mean?show vs restrictMind vs. mineI want to see if I am correct or not when filling in these blanks...I'm moving up in the company next week.What does 'overheard' mean?