Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to buy; to obtain; to purchase; to attain
arrange
climb
acquire
peddle
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does adjusting to your new job mean in this sentence?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does 'catch a faint glimpse' mean? | What does pull over mean?
listening exercises
What does adjusting to your new job mean in this sentence? #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 28, 2010 23:32 pm   What does adjusting to your new job mean in this sentence?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #233 "Common Phrases and Responses (1)", question 7

Carrie pointed out that you're having some problems adjusting to your new job. .........

(a) Sure, if possible.
(b) I like Carrie.
(c) I liked my old job a lot.
(d) I hope so.

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #233 "Common Phrases and Responses (1)", answer 7

Carrie pointed out that you're having some problems adjusting to your new job. I liked my old job a lot.

Correct answer: (c) I liked my old job a lot.

what does adjusting to your new job point out in this sentence?
Sluls

What does adjusting to your new job mean in this sentence? #2 (permalink) Wed Jul 28, 2010 23:36 pm   What does adjusting to your new job mean in this sentence?

It indicates getting used to your new jobs, learning the tricks of the trade, the works.
I'm a Communicator ;-)

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What does adjusting to your new job mean in this sentence? #3 (permalink) Wed Jul 28, 2010 23:37 pm   What does adjusting to your new job mean in this sentence?

Carrie ( a person) has said that (pointed out, brought to someone;s attention) that someone is having problems getting used to (adjusting to) their new job.
Language Coach

What does 'catch a faint glimpse' mean? | What does pull over mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Why is it 'an unusual problem' and not 'a unusual problem'?The only kitchen?if I practised for a hundred years, I couldn't possibly reach your standard...How often do you use 'to be fired'?I'd like my steak?What does "get cavities" mean?Could you please describe "put him away with good" in this sentence?bothered vs. disturbedshow vs restrictMind vs. mineWhat are certain plants?like mowing the lawn?What does 'overheard' mean?