extension of an archived file compressed with a special program; type of drive using removable disks
hazard
climb
reply
ZIP

What does pull over mean?

What does adjusting to your new job mean in this sentence? | Could you please describe "put him away with good" in this sentence?
What does pull over mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 28, 2010 23:58 pm   What does pull over mean?

ESL/EFL Test #234 "Phrasal Verbs used with Criminal Activity", question 8

Terrorists often use bombs to ......... buildings and other kinds of property.

(a) blow in
(b) blow up
(c) push
(d) fall over

ESL/EFL Test #234 "Phrasal Verbs used with Criminal Activity", answer 8

Terrorists often use bombs to blow up buildings and other kinds of property.

Correct answer: (b) blow up
_________________________

pull over the criminal means discover criminal?
Monoy

What does pull over mean? #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 29, 2010 0:04 am   What does pull over mean?

If you pull over, you cause your motor vehicle (that you're driving at the moment) to stop.
A policeman can pull you over meaning that he orders you to stop your car at the side of the road.

We usually nab a criminal, or collar a criminal (catch him and place him under arrest).
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
dismay vs. dislikeWhy is it 'an unusual problem' and not 'a unusual problem'?The only kitchen?if I practised for a hundred years, I couldn't possibly reach your standard...How often do you use 'to be fired'?I'd like my steak?What does "get cavities" mean?What does 'catch a faint glimpse' mean?bothered vs. disturbedshow vs restrictMind vs. mineWhat are certain plants?like mowing the lawn?