range; extent; sphere; expanse
library
scope
perspective
article

if I practised for a hundred years, I couldn't possibly reach your standard...

I'd like my steak? | Meaning of pace
if I practised for a hundred years, I couldn't possibly reach your standard... #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:09 am   if I practised for a hundred years, I couldn't possibly reach your standard...

ESL/EFL Test #69 "How to compliment", question 7

Even if I ......... for a hundred years, I couldn't possibly reach your standard.

(a) perfected
(b) pursued
(c) practised
(d) polished

ESL/EFL Test #69 "How to compliment", answer 7

Even if I practised for a hundred years, I couldn't possibly reach your standard.

Correct answer: (c) practised
_________________________

enen if i practised for a hundred years, i couldn't possibly reach your standard

MiuMia
MiuMia

if I practised for a hundred years, I couldn't possibly reach your standard... #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:19 am   if I practised for a hundred years, I couldn't possibly reach your standard...

Please note that the first person singular pronoun is always written with a capital letter - 'I'.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/inter-69, Question 7 #3 (permalink) Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:31 am   Test incompl/inter-69, Question 7

English Learner wrote:

Please read the line of text above the dividing line where it says 'correct answer' in your post. You do not need to click the link to the forum in order to see the answer in any of these tests. The link is provided in case you have any additional questions about it.
_________________

I'd like my steak? | Meaning of pace
The person who has wronged you?dismay vs. dislikeWhy is it 'an unusual problem' and not 'a unusual problem'?The only kitchen?How often do you use 'to be fired'?What does "get cavities" mean?Could you please describe "put him away with good" in this sentence?What does pull over mean?What does adjusting to your new job mean in this sentence?What does 'catch a faint glimpse' mean?bothered vs. disturbedWhat are certain plants?like mowing the lawn?