Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to answer adequately or successfully
angle
house
field
graduate
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

If it is windy then the sand on the beach would be blown around...

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does towels mean? | What does the phase like up mean?
listening exercises
If it is windy then the sand on the beach would be blown around... #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:09 am   If it is windy then the sand on the beach would be blown around...

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #298 "Vocabulary Practice: Going to the Beach!", question 7

Sounds great, Jean! Do you know if it's supposed to be windy today? If it's not, I'll pack us a picnic lunch. I hate it when a bunch of ......... gets blown all over my food.

(a) rock
(b) sand
(c) grass
(d) sun

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #298 "Vocabulary Practice: Going to the Beach!", answer 7

Sounds great, Jean! Do you know if it's supposed to be windy today? If it's not, I'll pack us a picnic lunch. I hate it when a bunch of sand gets blown all over my food.

Correct answer: (b) sand

i didnt get is question

Mirra
Mirra

If it is windy then the sand on the beach would be blown around... #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:44 am   If it is windy then the sand on the beach would be blown around...

If it is windy then the sand on the beach would be blown around.
In this case they would not want a picnic lunch ( an outdoor meal on the beach itself) because of such a risk. They will have to make different arrangements for lunch.

However, if wind is not forecast, then they will be able to eat on the beach.

Is that what you mean when you say you 'didn't get' it?
Language Coach

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
If it is windy then the sand on the beach would be blown around... #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 07, 2011 13:25 pm   If it is windy then the sand on the beach would be blown around...

a bunch of sand= e.g.: a handful of sand?
thank you.
Saneta
I'm a Communicator ;-)

If it is windy then the sand on the beach would be blown around... #4 (permalink) Tue Jun 07, 2011 17:59 pm   If it is windy then the sand on the beach would be blown around...

Probably about that amount, though it isn't as definite as that.

Actually 'bunch of sand' would only be used very informally. Most people would not use 'bunch of' with sand.
Language Coach

What does towels mean? | What does the phase like up mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Which one is correct?What are sheep dogs?Laminate flooringan easy grabbing point?I went there...stack it against the housesun screenI hurt my ankle playing volleyballfloor covering?Why does: arising is wrong? what is the difference between rising and arising?What does 'pick someone up' mean?wake or walkSentence on prone