to take a small portion of something as a specimen
sample
screen
downsize
underline

Where does the liability arise from?

Is cowardly an adjective? | Outlive natural distasters?
Where does the liability arise from? #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 04, 2010 18:46 pm   Where does the liability arise from?

ESL/EFL Test #231 "Products Liability Law", question 2

This includes the manufacturer of ......... parts, the assembling manufacturer, the wholesaler, and the retail store owner.

(a) commercial
(b) complete
(c) component
(d) composite

ESL/EFL Test #231 "Products Liability Law", answer 2

This includes the manufacturer of component parts, the assembling manufacturer, the wholesaler, and the retail store owner.

Correct answer: (c) component
_________________________

if the liability arises from a product which is comprising many components and loss caused is one of these component than liability would be on the component owner or the final product owner.
Arise

Where does the liability arise from? #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:31 am   Where does the liability arise from?

The component owner and the final product owner are the same: the consumer.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does forfeit mean?Why does this question finish with 'yet'?What does down here mean?Should vs. should'veOne other thing?In due course?We'll have to agree to disagree.What is the difference between concept and idea?So what do you know about prepositions?Can be able vs. should be ableWhat does slither mean?'from the library' vs 'in the library'What does 'sequence' mean?