strong dislike or repugnance; aversion
antipathy
tutelage
homily
tyranny

I heard SOP is a "make or break factor" in the interview. Is it true?

GMAT Practice tests Increase your GMAT test score with
plus 1.400 GMAT word flash cards
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GMATŪ Test and MBA Community
How I scored a 760 on the GMATŪ | GMATŪŪ issue: The most effective way for managers to assign work is to divide comp
I heard SOP is a "make or break factor" in the interview. Is it true? #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:39 am   I heard SOP is a "make or break factor" in the interview. Is it true?

I am a new member of this forum.

I am applying for the XLRI executive MBA course in Business Management.
I want to get my SOP reviewed. I am not very confident if it meets the expectations.
Can someone please review it and provide their valuable feedback?

"There are two levers for moving man - interest and fear. I strongly agree with Napolean Bonaparte on this and feel interest alone can drive a person to accomplish his tasks.
My interest in Business has started developing from the completion of my B.E., and grew strong when I started working in the I.T. department for one of the biggest coorporate houses of India - Infosys Tech. Ltd. During my work I realized that business and I.T. are inseperable and go hand in hand. The nature of my work let me travel to different places in both India and the U.S. where I got to work with large retail and financial institutions that helped me understand their business model. Also my specialization in retail and banking domain helped me to realize that a business management would help me carve a niche in the corporate world.
XLRI - Jamshedpur an esteemed institution with its highly experienced faculty appeals to my professional intersets. The business management program offered here rated as one of the finest of its kind in the country would provide me the requisite platform for realizing my ambition."

thanks,
Dhruv
Dhruvmohan

I heard SOP is a "make or break factor" in the interview. Is it true? #2 (permalink) Sat Aug 07, 2010 20:05 pm   I heard SOP is a "make or break factor" in the interview. Is it true?

plzzzzzz review my SOP, I need to submit it by tomorrow eod.
Updated SOP:

Professionally and careerwise an MBA can take me miles ahead.

There are two levers for moving a person - Interest and fear, said Napolean Bonaparte and I think interest alone can drive a person to achieve the goal he has set for himself. During my work with the I.T. department of Infosys Tech. Ltd., one of the biggest software companies of India, I realised that Business Managementand I.T. go hand in hand. The nature of my work required me to travel to the United States as well, where I got to work with large retail and financial houses, that helped me understand their business models. Also my specialization in the retail and banking domain helped me to realise that a Business Management course would definitely help me carve out a niche in the corporate world.
XLRI, Jamshedpur, an institute of high repute with its highlt experiences faculy appealed me to acheieve my academic goal. The Business Management programme offered by the instaitute is rated as one of the best of its kind in India, and this is precisely why I want to join XLRI, Jamshedpur.
Dhruvmohan

GMAT Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 280 free GMAT Vocabulary TestsGMAT Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise GMAT scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportGMAT Practice Tests — Learn the most essential GMAT vocabulary words you need to pass the GMAT with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GMATŪ Test and MBA Community All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on GMAT Test Forums
Ask Stacy Blackman ConsultingReview a GMATŪ Test Prep Book for Kaplan Publishing!Preparing for the GMATŪ exam?GMATŪ Reading Comprehension:Timing Is Very ImportantGMATŪ verbalGMATŪ arguement essay: Stronger laws are needed to protect new kinds of home...Use of based on as modifierFree GMATŪ Resources on FacebookOne-Year Course of Study: Accelerate your opportunitiesFree GMATŪ Practice tests onlineHow I scored a 750 on the GMATŪHow personality is linked to motivation?GMATŪ resourse