Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to defend; to save from harm; to watch over; to guard
protect
invest
cause
gauge
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

The thought did cross my mind?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
in 4 years from now? | Can a teacher be female?
listening exercises
The thought did cross my mind? #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 06, 2010 13:56 pm   The thought did cross my mind?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #452 "English Slang Idioms (191)", question 7

"I think he is still drinking. Last time I saw him, he was unsteady and slurred his words." Kim said to Ronda. She replied "I must admit that thought did cross my .......... I noticed the same things too, but on a different occasion."

(a) heart
(b) path
(c) awareness
(d) mind

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #452 "English Slang Idioms (191)", answer 7

"I think he is still drinking. Last time I saw him, he was unsteady and slurred his words." Kim said to Ronda. She replied "I must admit that thought did cross my mind. I noticed the same things too, but on a different occasion."

Correct answer: (d) mind

why we use did or do plus verb in sentence?
i did cross my mind?
Didy

The thought did cross my mind? #2 (permalink) Sat Aug 07, 2010 15:26 pm   The thought did cross my mind?

'Did' as here is a use of the 'emphatic "do" '. It is not common, but here is another example:

A: You didn't tell me you were married!
B: Yes, I did tell you– you just weren't paying attention!

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
in 4 years from now? | Can a teacher be female?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
if you lie down with the dogs, you get up with fleasmounted vs. raisedTest incompl/elem-130, Question 5again about should vs. ought tono longer wild vs. not longer wildtotally vs completely?Will be cured soon?What does forfeit mean?Why does this question finish with 'yet'?What does down here mean?He smiled and announced that his application for a loan had been approved...My umbrella broke?commercial vs. commercials