quality; factor; characteristic; feature
landscaper
attribute
upgrade
promise

Will be cured soon?

totally vs completely? | My umbrella broke?
Will be cured soon? #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:16 am   Will be cured soon?

ESL/EFL Test #752 "Real Life: Healthcare Vocabulary (1)", question 10

Our friend has cancer and he is undergoing chemotherapy right now. We're praying that his body responds to the ......... and that he will go be cured soon.

(a) allergy
(b) torment
(c) term
(d) treatment

ESL/EFL Test #752 "Real Life: Healthcare Vocabulary (1)", answer 10

Our friend has cancer and he is undergoing chemotherapy right now. We're praying that his body responds to the treatment and that he will go be cured soon.

Correct answer: (d) treatment

_________________________

The second sentence is wrong. I think the examiner wanted to add something extra in the sentence, but somehow it was overlooked. Could you please look into it?

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.
Bhikkhu1991a

Will be cured soon? #2 (permalink) Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:12 am   Will be cured soon?

Hi Bhikku,

The necessary change has been made and should appear with the next database refresh.

Thanks for pointing it out.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/elem-130, Question 5again about should vs. ought tono longer wild vs. not longer wildCan a teacher be female?in 4 years from now?What does forfeit mean?Why does this question finish with 'yet'?The thought did cross my mind?What does down here mean?Should vs. should'veHe smiled and announced that his application for a loan had been approved...commercial vs. commercials'from the library' vs 'in the library'