Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to belong to; to be connected to; to relate; to refer
emerge
pertain
detail
score
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

simple present plus present perfect

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Taken out of context | What does stress out mean?
listening exercises
simple present plus present perfect #1 (permalink) Tue Aug 10, 2010 20:55 pm   simple present plus present perfect

I am not sure about the correctness of these two sentences: It is a very good example why each person should be honest and this experience has changed my mind.
The university was significant part of my life because it has provided me with valuable experience and has changed my mind.

I concern about coherence of tenses: present simple + present perfect and also past simple + present perfect.
Svyatoslavkn
I'm here quite often ;-)

simple present plus present perfect #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 10, 2010 21:21 pm   simple present plus present perfect

Hello Svyatoslavkn,

I'd just make minor changes to the first:
It is a very good example of why each person should be honest and this experience has changed my mind.

There are two ways of creating cohesion between the tenses in the second - to change the initial verb or to change the later ones:
The university course was a significant part of my life because it has provided me with valuable experience and has changed my mind.
The university course was has played a significant part of in my life due to the fact that it has provided me with valuable experience and has changed my mind.
Language Coach

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
simple present plus present perfect #3 (permalink) Tue Aug 10, 2010 22:14 pm   simple present plus present perfect

Hi Svyatoslavkn,

I've changed the title of your question for two reasons:
1) Your phrase 'I need a help' was incorrect. (You can either say 'I need some help' or 'I need a helping hand'.
2) Your questions should have a meaningful title: What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

TOEIC listening, photographs: Painting a wall up a ladder
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Taken out of context | What does stress out mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
They gave themselves up?I'd simply grab them?What is the opposite of husband?develop a solid business strategy?What does 'in the money' mean?What does money for jam mean?What does spending money like water mean?What does 'head above water' mean?if you lie down with the dogs, you get up with fleasmounted vs. raisedTest incompl/elem-130, Question 5again about should vs. ought toHe smiled and announced that his application for a loan had been approved...