to confess to something; to allow entrance; to accept as valid
admit
respect
bond
inspire

What does vent mean?

They gave themselves up? | What does return value mean?
What does vent mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:58 am   What does vent mean?

ESL/EFL Test #858 "Stress (1)", question 5

Do you like to ......... to your close friends about the things that bother you? Some people say that talking to friends helps them deal with stress.

(a) vent
(b) forget
(c) tell
(d) pursue

ESL/EFL Test #858 "Stress (1)", answer 5

Do you like to vent to your close friends about the things that bother you? Some people say that talking to friends helps them deal with stress.

Correct answer: (a) vent

Do you like to tell to your close friends about the things that bother you? Some people say that talking to friends helps them deal with stress.
_________________________

vent ,what does it mean?

ms.K
Venty

What does vent mean? #2 (permalink) Wed Aug 11, 2010 13:24 pm   What does vent mean?

"Vent" means to talk about your troubles or frustrations.
Mordant

Location: United States

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
What does cope with stress mean?Test incompl/inter-675, Question 1Does to pass out mean to faint?I'd simply grab them?What is the opposite of husband?develop a solid business strategy?What does stress out mean?What does 'in the money' mean?What does money for jam mean?What does spending money like water mean?I don't like him...Is drop behind a compound word?Can somebody elaborate on 'break-in', 'break', and 'breakdown'?