controlling; aggressive; extremely self-assertive; bossy
objective
pushy
favorite
ambitious

What does it mean: ingredients

meaning of "What on earth" | Replace vs revive
What does it mean: ingredients #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:51 am   What does it mean: ingredients

ESL/EFL Test #87 "Present Simple (4)", question 1

I always keep those two ......... with me when I go out at night.

(a) particles
(b) parts
(c) ingredients
(d) contents

ESL/EFL Test #87 "Present Simple (4)", answer 1

I always keep those two ingredients with me when I go out at night.

Correct answer: (c) ingredients
_________________________

What does it mean " ingredients " in the first sentence ?
Elika

Ingrediants vs. items #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:37 am   Ingrediants vs. items

Ingredients are two pieces/items of food used in making/cooking a meal.

_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What does it mean: ingredients #3 (permalink) Sat Sep 24, 2011 23:01 pm   What does it mean: ingredients

I can't imagine what kind of ingredients can be that somebody keeps always with him/her.?
I never keep any ingredients with me.
_________________

What does it mean: ingredients #4 (permalink) Sun Sep 25, 2011 0:51 am   What does it mean: ingredients

It seems quite a nonsensical sentence to me too, Kati!
I don't think I'd choose any of those four answers. They all seem so silly. I think it's a very poorly written question.
_________________

What does it mean: ingredients #5 (permalink) Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:32 am   What does it mean: ingredients

Yes Bez, I thought that the writer could think of salt-shaker and pepper-shaker because I heard already about people who carry with themselves these ingredients. Do you think we have to imagine this sentence in this way?
Many thanks:
Kati
_________________

What does it mean: ingredients #6 (permalink) Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:10 am   What does it mean: ingredients

'
This test is based on a story I wrote and if you read the previous tests, you will see that it does make sense and isn't as 'nonsensical' as it might appear!

It never gets you anywhere http://www.english-test.net/lessons/1/index.html

But Sally changed the subject. "This drink tastes delicious. How did you make it?" "I put a drop of ginger ale and a piece of lemon in the alcohol and then stir thoroughly. I always keep those two ingredients with me when I go out at night." Suddenly Sally looked at her watch: "I must fly. My train leaves in ten minutes." "Don't forget to take those tablets I suggested and let me know how you are." "I'll let you know as soon as I come back from London." And then she went.

_________________

What does it mean: ingredients #7 (permalink) Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:33 am   What does it mean: ingredients

Hello Alan,

I didn't really read this previous test. I have to say that I thought of not only the salt and the pepper but I thought of any ingredients of drinks, because I heard about this kind of things in my long life.

Many thanks:
_________________

What does it mean: ingredients #8 (permalink) Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:46 am   What does it mean: ingredients

Many thanks Alan,

I am sorry that I didn't read the previous test and It never gets you anywhere. essay.This would have explained everything.

"This drink tastes delicious. How did you make it?" "I put a drop of ginger ale and a piece of lemon in the alcohol and then stir thoroughly. I always keep those two ingredients with me when I go out at night."

With the simple present the story became more lively. Is this true?

Regards:
_________________

What does it mean: ingredients #9 (permalink) Sun Jun 29, 2014 22:27 pm   What does it mean: ingredients

I did three times the test
First was really : 9/10

Second/third would have been 10/10 but the first question is stuck at the "ingredients" so my attempts stayed: 9/10 twice.

(a) particles
x(b) parts
(c) ingredients
(d) contents
_________________

What does it mean: ingredients #10 (permalink) Sun Jun 29, 2014 23:17 pm   What does it mean: ingredients

As you can see below, it is possible to get 10/10 on that test.
'Ingredients' is the answer to question 1.
Are you sure that all your other answers were correct?

_________________

What does it mean: ingredients #11 (permalink) Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:00 am   What does it mean: ingredients

If the good answer is "INGREDIENTS" then I have fallen to the trap as so many times earlier.

My first answer was "INGREDIENTS" and it was mistaken and it had been corrected with "PARTS " Of course afterward I wrote twice the "PARTS" and it had been again mistaken. I told myself what kind of parts he always keeps with him? I marked in >ingredients< as I heard about that there are gourmets who keep different kinds of spice in their pocket.

So I finished.

Oh my God! How many times I used to fall in the same trap and I lost interest in doing on the test.

I could say to everybody that be on the watch because this kind of trick is very frequent. If Bez had seen my previous answers on the server she could have seen my first, second and third attempts.
_________________

Tip into recessionHe's looking for two pucks, what's he looking for exactly?I can lend you some money until the end of the monthantiphonal singing or duet?How to email college admissions officeAgreement and Disgreement."formidable" instead of "formidible"Why is this wrong?Order vs. ordersANDIt's very hot: It's scorchingHis girlfriend sounded crossWhat is the difference between "end" and "end up"?