treated as an expense
major
absorbed
further
name

Does to pass out mean to faint?

Test incompl/inter-675, Question 1 | why should't we use "get away with" here?
Does to pass out mean to faint? #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:02 am   Does to pass out mean to faint?

ESL/EFL Test #157 "Phrasal idioms with the verb 'pass'", question 7

I can make myself .......... I do it by taking in a deep breath and then pushing all that air down. It takes me about 15 seconds.

(a) pass up
(b) pass out
(c) pass over
(d) pass by

ESL/EFL Test #157 "Phrasal idioms with the verb 'pass'", answer 7

I can make myself pass out. I do it by taking in a deep breath and then pushing all that air down. It takes me about 15 seconds.

Correct answer: (b) pass out

I can make myself pass over. I do it by taking in a deep breath and then pushing all that air down. It takes me about 15 seconds.
_________________________

Does to pass out mean to faint?
Nenad11

Location: Belgrade

Does to pass out mean to faint? #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:10 am   Does to pass out mean to faint?

Yes.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'fall back on' mean?It's not his fault? What does it mean?What does cope with stress mean?What does vent mean?They gave themselves up?I'd simply grab them?What is the opposite of husband?I don't like him...Meaning of ill-timedWhat does return value mean?Is drop behind a compound word?abandon all ill willCan somebody elaborate on 'break-in', 'break', and 'breakdown'?