slight difference; subtle distinction
denial
head
nuance
suit

John is paid per month

Are there any lessons for ESL before you take ESL test? | baby birds hatch from them
John is paid per month #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:08 am   John is paid per month

ESL/EFL Test #831 "To Quit or Not to Quit", question 1

John isn't happy with the ......... salary that his company offers. This is the amount that John is paidper month in return for standard productivity and performance. I think he's looking for another job.

(a) base
(b) bonus
(c) plus
(d) reward

ESL/EFL Test #831 "To Quit or Not to Quit", answer 1

John isn't happy with the base salary that his company offers. This is the amount that John is paidper month in return for standard productivity and performance. I think he's looking for another job.

Correct answer: (a) base
_________________________

i need the correct answer

John is paid per month #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:09 am   John is paid per month

It is written above your question.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
John is paid per month #3 (permalink) Wed Oct 12, 2011 15:04 pm   John is paid per month

Hello Everyone,

I have found a mistake, look at below: "John isn't happy with the base salary that his company offers. This is the amount that John is paidper month in return for standard productivity and performance. I think he's looking for another job."

It should be "... John is paid per month in return...." instead of "...John is paidper month in return..."

Kind regards,
Mickhael

John is paid per month #4 (permalink) Wed Oct 12, 2011 22:51 pm   John is paid per month

Thanks, Mickhael. I have fixed it. The revision will appear with our next database update.
_________________

get on with the rugby match.I'm catching the red-eyeWhy keep a dog?the call loghonest, hard-working folksa variety of amenitiesWhat are certain multimedia messaging services?What does "pass up" mean?meaning of 'pass over'meaning of "pass round"difference between get away with and get byWhat does whilst mean?What does this phrasal verb mean: "drop out"?