Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

of a smaller version or dimension
mental
downsize
terrible
rival
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Word order in indirect questions | Get used to vs. get held to
listening exercises
Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #31 (permalink) Thu Sep 23, 2010 15:54 pm   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

Hello Sir,
Please can one use nice to meet you to some body he or she already knows?
Klusum

Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #32 (permalink) Thu Sep 23, 2010 19:24 pm   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

Yes. 'Nice to meet you again,' is common.
Language Coach

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #33 (permalink) Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:31 am   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

why not I'm doing good ?
Mulegebre
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Re: I'm doing fine - idiom #34 (permalink) Tue May 10, 2011 1:32 am   Re: I'm doing fine - idiom

hi
but i think fine is an adjective and do should be followed by an adverb
thanks
Englishmist

Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #35 (permalink) Tue May 10, 2011 3:34 am   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

Mulegebre wrote:
why not I'm doing good ?

In accordance with proper grammar, you should say "I'm doing well", because you need an adverb here, not and adjective.
I'm a Communicator ;-)

chita chat on the phone... #36 (permalink) Fri Feb 17, 2012 19:43 pm   chita chat on the phone...

If I say: hOW ARE YOU DOING?
And the other person says :" Not so far, not so good. What's its meaning?
Martha0108
You can meet me at english-test.net

Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #37 (permalink) Fri Feb 17, 2012 23:26 pm   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

"Not so far, not so good" is an expression that basically means "Unfortunately, I haven't made the progress yet I had hoped to".

TOEIC listening, photographs: A house
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Re: chita chat on the phone... #38 (permalink) Fri Feb 17, 2012 23:56 pm   Re: chita chat on the phone...

Martha0108 wrote:
If I say: hOW ARE YOU DOING?
And the other person says :" Not so far, not so good. What's its meaning?

The phrase 'not so far, not so good' is not something I've heard used as a common phrase. In fact, I would say I've never heard anyone use it at all (which is why I crossed it out above).

A commonly used phrase is 'so far, so good'. This could be used as a response to someone's question about your progress (in doing something). It indicates that up to now, things have been going well/smoothly.

To indicate that things have NOT been going well/smoothly up to now, you should add only one 'not':

- So far, not so good.

Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #39 (permalink) Thu Aug 23, 2012 16:31 pm   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

Dear teachers,
What does the phrase'do fine' mean?I don't know that fine is an adjective or adverb?
Help me.Thank you.
Hien25
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Word order in indirect questions | Get used to vs. get held to
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Latest topics on English Forums
The meaning of 'roll class'?to audition for a role?meet with somebody vs. meet somebodyWhy use "all of the flowers" instead of "all the flowers"?route vs. root'as soon as' vs 'when'It can be like this know? Make vs. madeUn-hot vs. coldMeaning of "I'm doing fine", page 2Meaning of "I'm doing fine"What does blow mean?At the end of the roadDifference between finish and end