to lend a sum of money for a period of time; to give temporarily
fertilize
close
loan
predominate

It's not his fault? What does it mean?

Can somebody elaborate on 'break-in', 'break', and 'breakdown'? | diffrence between "back down" and "back over"
It's not his fault? What does it mean? #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 12, 2010 23:26 pm   It's not his fault? What does it mean?

ESL/EFL Test #183 "Modal Verbs (1)", question 4

I really ......... be angry with him. It's not his fault.

(a) haven't
(b) have
(c) shouldn't
(d) couldn't have

ESL/EFL Test #183 "Modal Verbs (1)", answer 4

I really shouldn't be angry with him. It's not his fault.

Correct answer: (c) shouldn't
_________________________

fault
Faulty

It's not his fault? What does it mean? #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:39 am   It's not his fault? What does it mean?

In this sentence 'fault' suggests 'failing' or 'mistake'. It's not my fault means I can't be blamed for what has gone wrong.

_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What does to make a quick buck mean?you must do all of your homework?Downloading English tests?definite article with the superlative degree of an adverbWhat does 'fall back on' mean?If he objects it means he is totally against any measuresWhat does cope with stress mean?Test incompl/inter-675, Question 1Does to pass out mean to faint?I don't like him...Meaning of ill-timedWhat does return value mean?Is drop behind a compound word?