to arrive; to obtain; to procure; to extend the arm outward
misunderstand
remove
reach
fetch

going to wear vs. going to wearing

Does in coon's age mean for ages? | help plz
going to wear vs. going to wearing #1 (permalink) Tue Aug 17, 2010 16:26 pm   going to wear vs. going to wearing

ESL/EFL Test #298 "Vocabulary Practice: Going to the Beach!", question 8

Are you going to wear your new ......... suit, Amanda? I also got a new one last week and I'm looking forward to wearing it.

(a) diving
(b) three-piece
(c) jump
(d) bathing

ESL/EFL Test #298 "Vocabulary Practice: Going to the Beach!", answer 8

Are you going to wear your new bathing suit, Amanda? I also got a new one last week and I'm looking forward to wearing it.

Correct answer: (d) bathing
_________________________

to wearing?
is that posible?
Immi

going to wear vs. going to wearing #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 17, 2010 19:16 pm   going to wear vs. going to wearing

Yes, a person 'wears' clothing. Therefore, she's going to wear her new bathing suit.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
going to wear vs. going to wearing #3 (permalink) Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:28 am   going to wear vs. going to wearing

Is there any difference between swimming and bathing suit?
Zbyněk

going to wear vs. going to wearing #4 (permalink) Mon Sep 13, 2010 16:57 pm   going to wear vs. going to wearing

No, however, people normally say "bathing suit" or "swimsuit."
_________________

Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 2Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 6Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 7Test incompl/inter-330, User's Answer 10Test incompl/inter-329, User's Answer 7Does to cut one's losses mean to stop one's losses?Test incompl/inter-329, User's Answer 1Test incompl/inter-306, Question 1Does to count one's blessings mean to be thankful for something in sort of a way?I don't give two hoots about who wins?Does to corner the market mean to benefit, prosper?What is the meaning of "dine on ashes"?Find some form of entertainment?