to provide a detailed statement about an occurrence or situation; inform
puzzle
display
report
ship

Would you like some cream with your coffee?

along the year, over the year, during the year | Whatever vs. however
Would you like some cream with your coffee? #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 19, 2010 19:09 pm   Would you like some cream with your coffee?

ESL/EFL Test #181 "Basic Grammar Exercises (2)", question 7

Would you like ......... cream with your coffee?

(a) few
(b) many
(c) some
(d) an

ESL/EFL Test #181 "Basic Grammar Exercises (2)", answer 7

Correct answer: (c) some

Would you like an cream with your coffee?
_________________________

i think that sentence:,,Would you like an cream with your tea,,make sense too:)
Koparka

Would you like some cream with your coffee? #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 19, 2010 19:54 pm   Would you like some cream with your coffee?

This would be grammatically wrong so why say it?

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor on the possibility of life on Mars

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Would you like some cream with your coffee? #3 (permalink) Sun Jul 31, 2011 19:29 pm   Would you like some cream with your coffee?

This answer is wrong , isn't it? It will be Any cream by my opinion. Am I right ?
Lili6

Would you like some cream with your coffee? #4 (permalink) Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:34 am   Would you like some cream with your coffee?

you don't just have one cream "an". You could say "would you like a package of cream with your coffee"

cream is like water: It's not singular unless it's referring to a single package, etc.

correct answer is "some"
_________________
Private lessons with Brian -Skype English Lesson
TutorBrian

Location: Japan

Would you like some cream with your coffee? #5 (permalink) Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:06 am   Would you like some cream with your coffee?

I think "some" is correct.
Water, money,love, etc.. is uncountable nouns.
Belove

Would you like some cream with your coffee? #6 (permalink) Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:43 am   Would you like some cream with your coffee?

Lili6 wrote:
Hi Lili6,

You have probably learned a grammar rule that tells you to use 'any' in questions and negative sentences, and 'some' in affirmative sentences. Right? That rule works quite often. However, there are exceptions.

When we use a question to offer something to someone, it is quite common to use 'some' rather than 'any'. We use 'some' rather than 'any' in such a question when we expect that the answer is likely to be affirmative, or even to encourage an affirmative response. So, the use of 'some' in the test question is completely natural and also grammatically correct.

Q: Would you like some cake?
A: Oh, yes! It looks scrumptious.

.
Q: Would you like some help with those heavy boxes?
A: That would be wonderful! Thank you!

.
_________________

to have fluNeither of the girls listenedbus/roadunion/downtownuse a restwhen x will return/when x returnsawake/awakenedpresent at the ceremony.called him namesneither plus his or their?sprung vs springSpeaking about words, as the subjectWhy vs. because