to occupy a place; to take a place; to obtain at an advance opportunity
anticipate
locate
preempt
cast

Test incompl/inter-467, Answer 2

What is a surfboard? | Test incompl/advan-858, User's Answer 5
Test incompl/inter-467, Answer 2 #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 14:19 pm   Test incompl/inter-467, Answer 2

He had worked for the company for thirty years and did quite well for himself. However, his job was now being outsourced to India and he was getting laid-off next month. He felt he deserved more but that was the fickle ......... of fate for you.

(a) finger
(b) point
(c) head
(d) army

He had worked for the company for thirty years and did quite well for himself. However, his job was now being outsourced to India and he was getting laid-off next month. He felt he deserved more but that was the fickle finger of fate for you.

Correct answer: (a) finger
_________________________

bear out-support
English Learner

Is the canola a kind of plant?What does rake mean?Test incompl/inter-199, User's Answer 10Test incompl/inter-198, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-882, User's Answer 6Test express/advan-44, Question 10know each otherCan we say maintaining the order of the crowds?Test express/inter-3, Question 10prior to vs. beforewith on heads?Do you know the one I am talking about?"resign from" vs. "depart from"