Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to reduce; to protect; to soften; to upholster
cushion
mend
gather
exhibit
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Recommendations for better writing

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does rake mean? | After the checks clear?
listening exercises
Recommendations for better writing #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 23:42 pm   Recommendations for better writing

Hi, everybody
I wrote this email to my friend in Boston, in response to his email. I would like to make sure that the email is right and if there is any better writing than that I did
Thank you in advance.

Hi, Buzz
I am sorry I am late to reply because I was so busy with my family, reservations and work. However, I considered all of recommendations and I looked in all of the websites that you gave me.
I hope that I get my Visa before my reservations get cancelled

Many thanks
B.D
B.d
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Sorry #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 23:45 pm   Sorry

I believe I made a mistake by writing in this section. I realized later that this section is for Teachers Explanation. However, I apologize and please direct me where should I ask questions.
B.d

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Recommendations for better writing #3 (permalink) Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:22 am   Recommendations for better writing

Hello B.d.

You posting is OK here.

If you are writing to a friend, then there is no need to camouflage your English with someone else's corrected version. Your friend knows your English level and will enjoy hearing from you in your own words.

Not camouflaging #4 (permalink) Tue Aug 24, 2010 23:29 pm   Not camouflaging

Hi, Mister Micawber
you are absolutely right but I believe you did not understand me. The message already sent to my friend but I want to know, if there is a mistake in the message that I did not recognize it. So, when someone corrects my mistakes, I know how to write better in the future, otherwise I will keep doing the same mistakes while I do not know.
B.d

Recommendations for better writing #5 (permalink) Tue Aug 24, 2010 23:36 pm   Recommendations for better writing

OK:

Hi, Buzz,

I am sorry I am late in replying. I have been very busy with my family, reservations and work. However, I considered all of your recommendations, and I looked at all of the websites that you gave me.

I hope that I get my visa before I have to cancel my reservations.

Recommendations for better writing #6 (permalink) Tue Aug 24, 2010 23:57 pm   Recommendations for better writing

Thanks a lot for this correction. I knew my mistakes, and I would avoid doing the same in the future.
B.d

What does rake mean? | After the checks clear?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
How do you like them apples?Is a poster a photo?What's the story behing this name for an anonymous female? (Jane Doe)Do you know anyone?what does laid off mean?Test express/advan-40, Question 6Test incompl/inter-133, Question 8Is the canola a kind of plant?Test incompl/inter-199, User's Answer 10Test incompl/inter-198, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-882, User's Answer 6Test express/advan-44, Question 10Test incompl/advan-858, User's Answer 5