to reduce; to protect; to soften; to upholster
cushion
mend
gather
exhibit

Recommendations for better writing

What does rake mean? | After the checks clear?
Recommendations for better writing #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 23:42 pm   Recommendations for better writing

Hi, everybody
I wrote this email to my friend in Boston, in response to his email. I would like to make sure that the email is right and if there is any better writing than that I did
Thank you in advance.

Hi, Buzz
I am sorry I am late to reply because I was so busy with my family, reservations and work. However, I considered all of recommendations and I looked in all of the websites that you gave me.
I hope that I get my Visa before my reservations get cancelled

Many thanks
B.D
B.d

Sorry #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 23:45 pm   Sorry

I believe I made a mistake by writing in this section. I realized later that this section is for Teachers Explanation. However, I apologize and please direct me where should I ask questions.
B.d

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Recommendations for better writing #3 (permalink) Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:22 am   Recommendations for better writing

Hello B.d.

You posting is OK here.

If you are writing to a friend, then there is no need to camouflage your English with someone else's corrected version. Your friend knows your English level and will enjoy hearing from you in your own words.
_________________

Not camouflaging #4 (permalink) Tue Aug 24, 2010 23:29 pm   Not camouflaging

Hi, Mister Micawber
you are absolutely right but I believe you did not understand me. The message already sent to my friend but I want to know, if there is a mistake in the message that I did not recognize it. So, when someone corrects my mistakes, I know how to write better in the future, otherwise I will keep doing the same mistakes while I do not know.
B.d

Recommendations for better writing #5 (permalink) Tue Aug 24, 2010 23:36 pm   Recommendations for better writing

OK:

Hi, Buzz,

I am sorry I am late in replying. I have been very busy with my family, reservations and work. However, I considered all of your recommendations, and I looked at all of the websites that you gave me.

I hope that I get my visa before I have to cancel my reservations.
_________________

Recommendations for better writing #6 (permalink) Tue Aug 24, 2010 23:57 pm   Recommendations for better writing

Thanks a lot for this correction. I knew my mistakes, and I would avoid doing the same in the future.
B.d

How do you like them apples?Is a poster a photo?What's the story behing this name for an anonymous female? (Jane Doe)Do you know anyone?what does laid off mean?Test express/advan-40, Question 6Test incompl/inter-133, Question 8Is the canola a kind of plant?Test incompl/inter-199, User's Answer 10Test incompl/inter-198, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-882, User's Answer 6Test express/advan-44, Question 10Test incompl/advan-858, User's Answer 5