person who is tested; candidate
quote
examinee
information
voice

Difference between murder and assassinate

Meaning of burglars | What is a thieve?
Difference between murder and assassinate #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:50 pm   Difference between murder and assassinate

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #114 "Synonyms for kill and murder", question 10

Angela has been an informer of the mafia for many years now. She gets well paid for this dirty job but she knows that people like her do not live long. One day they the mafia itself will ......... her.

(a) assassinate
(b) liquidate
(c) slaughter
(d) execute

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #114 "Synonyms for kill and murder", answer 10

Angela has been an informer of the mafia for many years now. She gets well paid for this dirty job but she knows that people like her do not live long. One day they the mafia itself will liquidate her.

Correct answer: (b) liquidate

_________________________

What's the difference between:
to murder and assassinate?

When should I use "to liquidate"?
Zorro
Zorro

Difference between murder and assassinate #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 23, 2006 13:47 pm   Difference between murder and assassinate

.
murder: kill intentionally and with premeditation

assassinate: murder; especially of socially prominent persons

liquidate: get rid of (someone who may be a threat) by killing
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of burglars | What is a thieve?
Expression "Make a mountain out of a molehill"Whats the meaning of quiet?Careless vs carefreeIn place of chance can one write "accident"?Why don't we use "want" with "to"?Meaning of staggeringWhat does "completely exhausted" mean?The word do is used here for emphasisShort explanation of the synonymsMeaning of "the desired aim"Why we have to use do?Definiton of staggeredInversion used in conditionals