need; want; shortage; absence
lack
matter
peace
technician

How do you like them apples?

Is a poster a photo? | The train leaves?
How do you like them apples? #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:38 am   How do you like them apples?

"I got the highest score on the test and you got the second highest. How do you like them .........? I told you I would do better than you," Tim said to his best friend Kyle.

(a) oranges
(b) grapes
(c) apples
(d) watermelons

"I got the highest score on the test and you got the second highest. How do you like them apples? I told you I would do better than you," Tim said to his best friend Kyle.

Correct answer: (c) apples
_________________________

the meaning of "apples"
Maliavkina

How do you like them apples? #2 (permalink) Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:49 am   How do you like them apples?

The test is about slang idioms. You cannot take the single word 'apples' and find a correct meaning here. 'How do you like them apples?' simply means 'how do you like that situation or state of affairs?' In this case, 'How do you like those scores?'
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
How do you like them apples? #3 (permalink) Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:01 pm   How do you like them apples?

Thanks a lot,dear Beee
Maliavkina

Test incompl/inter-208, Question 9relative pronoun problem with thatWhat does prudent mean?I'm out of breath...doesn't have luck vs. he's unluckyI can't see her...Test incompl/elem-298, Question 2What's the story behing this name for an anonymous female? (Jane Doe)Do you know anyone?what does laid off mean?Test express/advan-40, Question 6Test incompl/inter-133, Question 8Recommendations for better writing