Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

need; want; shortage; absence
lack
matter
peace
technician
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

How do you like them apples?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Is a poster a photo? | The train leaves?
listening exercises
How do you like them apples? #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:38 am   How do you like them apples?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #378 "English Slang Idioms (99)", question 4

"I got the highest score on the test and you got the second highest. How do you like them .........? I told you I would do better than you," Tim said to his best friend Kyle.

(a) oranges
(b) grapes
(c) apples
(d) watermelons

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #378 "English Slang Idioms (99)", answer 4

"I got the highest score on the test and you got the second highest. How do you like them apples? I told you I would do better than you," Tim said to his best friend Kyle.

Correct answer: (c) apples

the meaning of "apples"
Maliavkina
You can meet me at english-test.net

How do you like them apples? #2 (permalink) Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:49 am   How do you like them apples?

The test is about slang idioms. You cannot take the single word 'apples' and find a correct meaning here. 'How do you like them apples?' simply means 'how do you like that situation or state of affairs?' In this case, 'How do you like those scores?'
Language Coach

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
How do you like them apples? #3 (permalink) Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:01 pm   How do you like them apples?

Thanks a lot,dear Beee
Maliavkina
You can meet me at english-test.net

Is a poster a photo? | The train leaves?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Test incompl/inter-208, Question 9relative pronoun problem with thatWhat does prudent mean?I'm out of breath...doesn't have luck vs. he's unluckyI can't see her...Test incompl/elem-298, Question 2What's the story behing this name for an anonymous female? (Jane Doe)Do you know anyone?what does laid off mean?Test express/advan-40, Question 6Test incompl/inter-133, Question 8Recommendations for better writing