Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to have to; to be obligated; to be likely or probable
must
prepare
enthuse
clerk
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Meaning of walkabout

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Idiom: they've been walking out together | What does "at his mother's knee" mean?
listening exercises
Meaning of walkabout #1 (permalink) Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:38 am   Meaning of walkabout

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #101 "Phrasal Verb: Walk", question 8

They have an expression in Australia when a famous person mixes with the crowd, they say they're going on a walk..........

(a) across
(b) along
(c) out
(d) about

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #101 "Phrasal Verb: Walk", answer 8

They have an expression in Australia when a famous person mixes with the crowd, they say they're going on a walkabout.

Correct answer: (d) about

Your answer was: incorrect
They have an expression in Australia when a famous person mixes with the crowd, they say they're going on a walkout.

I want to know the meaning of walk about.
thank you

Lifann
Lifann

Walkabout #2 (permalink) Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:30 am   Walkabout

HI,

This means leave a formal procession and walk around in the crowd and talk to people.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Meaning of walkabout #3 (permalink) Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:57 am   Meaning of walkabout

please explain: to go on a walkabout? Liffan asked about walk about, does it mean the same as my question?

thanks
Saneta
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Meaning of walkabout #4 (permalink) Wed Sep 28, 2011 17:01 pm   Meaning of walkabout

Yes.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Idiom: they've been walking out together | What does "at his mother's knee" mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Right just one moreCleft sentences and use of EnglishIs bend the right word to use?what is dandle?holding meetings and delivering papersPhrase "Are you going to wait any longer"Could OR can?'to learn to speak English' vs. 'to learn speak English'Why don't we use will or could?Commence vs. StartFall asleep - slumber?Can vs. be able toMeaning of "over the cracks"